FHI vs Solia

Namilani

Okay, ladies. I've narrowed it all the way down to TWO flat/curling iron choices!! The FHI with temperature variation or the Solia?? I'm torn, so please help me decide!! TIA!!

Last edited:
I have the Solia that I bought from Folica. Eventhough I'm not totally in love with it, I don't hate it either. The few times that I've used it it didn't give me the WOW! effect I was looking for so I've stopped using it.

I'm completely and totally satisfied with my Solia and have several friends who bought one after using mine.

I have the FHI with temperature control and I :love: it. It takes a very short time heat up, it straightens my hair beautifully anis not bulky or difficult to use. I HIGHLY reccomend it.

I've never tried Solia so I can't comment on it. I own the FHI and I like it. It does a good job straightening newgrowth and I love the size of it.

shunta said:
OT- But girl you have beautiful skin!

Sorry, but I dont have a review.:perplexed

Thanks, girl! My Lancome and I WAS being good with water :look: ...

Ooooops, I forgot to add a poll! I think want the Solia just cuz it's pink, :lol: ! Thanks, ladies!! Anymore input for my mini-splurge?

Last edited:
Have both, temp controlled ones, and I prefer the FHI. It glides better. I think because of the flat surface on the outside of the FHI. The Solia has some ridges and just does not glide as smoothly as my FHI.

I vote Solia...like the other poster said, I am not all that in love with it(my true dedication is to my marcels and stove:lol: ) but it does a good job and the temperture control is nice.

HoneyDew said:
Have both, temp controlled ones, and I prefer the FHI. It glides better. I think because of the flat surface on the outside of the FHI. The Solia has some ridges and just does not glide as smoothly as my FHI.

Uh oh... I know I wanna be able to get me some bangin spiral curls... Buuuuttttt, I want a pink iron... :look: Too many friggin decisions!! :ohwell:

I have a FHI that is collecting dust. I don't like it at all. It didn't straighten like the maxiglide.

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Uh oh... I know I wanna be able to get me some bangin spiral curls... Buuuuttttt, I want a pink iron... :look: Too many friggin decisions!! :ohwell:

The FHI comes in pink too. Check at Folica.com

I bought my Solia in Feb and I love it. It does a good job! My hair gets bone straight and my ish is thick!.

Can't compare it to FHI though cuz I've never used.

I broke down and bought a FHI today! After reading and rereading all the flat iron posts. I don't trust my hairdresser to apply heat to my hair when she touches me up so I've been wash n' going since June. I am going to flat iron my hair myself for the Christmas holidays (after using no direct heat since June!). I know my husband and all of my family will be like :eek:. My 9-week stretch touch-up (I'm texlaxed) will be on Dec. 14th and I will flat iron my hair on the 23rd. I'll post my review then with pics!

Then, it's no mo' heat cuz I'll be gearing up for 2007 BOOTCAMP!

:grin:

Back