Finally got touch up after 7 month stretch! *PICS*

Lynnerie

WOW 7 months is a long time!!! Some transitioners don't last that long! Congrats on your growth!

krikit96

Hey OP,

I am wondering if you lost hair from bra strap to shoulder length again. You said that you had to get so much cut off... to me, it wasn't worth stretching for 7 months if you were just gonna have to chop off all the evidence. Please clear this up for those of us who have been planning to stretch but are worried now...

juicy555

You're a soldier for real, 7 months! How did you manage the NG? COngrats on the grownth.

I'm sorry I've been away so long! I manage my new growth by applying Neutrogena Silk Touch Leave in on dry hair. Tha bomb! It lays it down. When it gets really thick I also use Wild Growth oil with essential oil. I keep it moisturized, and also use Rusk leave in conditioner after washing. Check my Fokti for all my products!

juicy555

The before picture def. captures the new growth! Great job! I am seven months now, but stretching for another 2 months before applying a texturizer, so thank you very much for giving me something to look forward to...

Wow, good for you! Best of luck with your stretch! :)

juicy555

Whoa! 7 months?! Congrats. That's super long. What did you do during the later stages of the stretch?

Check my fokti where I list all the products I use and what I do. I definitely have a routine for the latter part of the stretch, and the most important part is moisture and low/no manipulation.

juicy555

Your hair looks good OP!

Let me ask you though...are you saying that stretching that long caused you a setback?

I'm saying it was very challenging. You really can't sit back and get tired, you have to moisturize everyday and really be on top of it. After month six my new growth was like another planet and it got harder to reconcile the two textures. Plus the detangling in the shower was getting so long my arms would hurt, lol. But my hair feels so healthy now... stretching is good!

juicy555

You go Girl!!!!! Juicy555, can you tell me how you wore your hair for those 7 Months, I am at 5 1/2 months stretch, and I am extremely bored with this head, come on enlighten Me!

I mostly bunned. I still have to figure out other ways but once you get past month 5 or 6, it's pretty hard to get creative without manipulating the hair to death.

juicy555

Hey OP,

I am wondering if you lost hair from bra strap to shoulder length again. You said that you had to get so much cut off... to me, it wasn't worth stretching for 7 months if you were just gonna have to chop off all the evidence. Please clear this up for those of us who have been planning to stretch but are worried now...

I only cut off what I would have trimmed off in the course of 7 months, plus I've been gradually getting rid of the brown ends from a perm I got a while ago. I was not stretching for length, just healthy hair. I didn't have massive breakage or anything lol.

Last edited:

Stella B.

Your 7 month stretch has given me inspiration. Your hair really benefited from it! Looks so much healthier. Now maybe I can stop feeling impatient to get to the end of my little ole 17 week stretch! :perplexed I'll just think of you and your more than worth it results after 7 mos! Congratulations!

juicy555

Your 7 month stretch has given me inspiration. Your hair really benefited from it! Looks so much healthier. Now maybe I can stop feeling impatient to get to the end of my little ole 17 week stretch! :perplexed I'll just think of you and your more than worth it results after 7 mos! Congratulations!

I'm glad you've found it inspiring. After reading some of these replies it seems like some people think the goal of stretching is simply for length. They miss the point. It's great for keeping the hair strong, or getting hair into a healthier condition. My hair feels so strong right and much fuller now it's like a new head of hair. Good luck with your stretch and hang in there. :)

hairedity

looks great! Your results were so amazing, can you imagine one more stretch like this.... go for it! :)

Demi27

That's great. That gives me more inspiration to stretch for longer (at least for as long as I can). I am going on 18 weeks this Friday.