Finally HERE! A new way to share hair styles and products!!

HighlyFavored1

A few months back I started a thread about a site I was working on to make it easier for women of color to share hairstyle and makeup ideas and the products we use. Thank you so much for all of your feedback- it’s finally done!!!

The beta website is a place for users - everyday women like us- to upload and share hair and makeup styles and also read and learn about products that solve our beauty concerns. All of the styles are organized in LookBooks based on a user's hair and skin characteristics.

I'd love to know what you all think! Is there anything I should change? What do you think of the LookBook idea? I'd love to hear all of the things that frustrate you about finding products and learning new styles! The site is at www.beauty.com and below are some screenshots.

There is also a big $250 Hair and Makeup product giveaway to celebrate the launch. You can go to the Facebook page here to find how to enter by following @ TheBeautyX on Twitter, tweeting about the contest, joining at BeautyX.com, or Creating a LookBook. http://www.facebook.com/TheBeautyX?s...29982580378550

Makeup LookBook with Tutorial and Products Used

HairStyle LookBook with Favorite Products

I’m sooo excited to share this with you all since LHCF has made such a tremendous difference in my hair journey over the years. :yep: I would really appreciate your support in spreading the word, and I sincerely hope that this can be yet another source to help us on this journey! The website is brand new so I would love love love your feedback and any info on technical glitches you encounter. So what do you think?

Last edited:

sistatv

Congratulations!!! Just took a quick look and it looks Fantastic! Such a great idea. ! I wish you much success!

P.S. In your first post the link to the site is messing up...

Avyn

This looks great girl!!!! I love love love the get the look feature. When I was reading the description I was wondering how this would be different from fotki but after looking at the pics I can see how it differs. You should repost this in the makeup forum.

Sent from my SCH-R915 using SCH-R915

HighlyFavored1

sistatv - Thank you! (also fixed the link!)

milknhonee - Thanks! Yea a lot of this was based on frustration I had over Fotki- like not knowing what products were used or not seeing tutorials or being able to easily tell someone's hair type- and feedback I was giving from the women here. Thank you!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Congrats.....!!!!!!

Off to check it out

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
What a wonderful idea. Love what I see & will do more looking & sign up later in the week. Agan well done & thnx!

Sent from my Droid using Droid

nzeee

looks awesome! brilliant idea and great execution to match. hope you get a lot of users.

brg240

wow the site looks fantastic

the only thing i'm confused about is the hair typing so far (i'm making a profile) what are type 5 and type 6? are these just specific to the site so there is an option.

HighlyFavored1

wow the site looks fantastic

the only thing i'm confused about is the hair typing so far (i'm making a profile) what are type 5 and type 6? are these just specific to the site so there is an option.

Hi- yes, instead of using the traditional numbering system, we just used numbers 1-6 to just categorize hair types based on pictures of the size of your curl. It doesn't correspond to any traditional typing system. It's just pure picture based!

brg240

Hi- yes, instead of using the traditional numbering system, we just used numbers 1-6 to just categorize hair types based on pictures of the size of your curl. It doesn't correspond to any traditional typing system. It's just pure picture based!

thanks? because I saw one that kind of looked my hair but i didn't think that was my hair type. I like that. I'm not good with the hair typing but i can match pics :lol: I wish you had a transitioning option but i suppose you should just go with the side you're closer too.

btw i love the lookbook idea.

Is there a way to add products, or are they added if you create a lookbook?

Oh and congrats on the launch of the site. :clap:

HighlyFavored1

thanks? because I saw one that kind of looked my hair but i didn't think that was my hair type. I like that. I'm not good with the hair typing but i can match pics :lol: I wish you had a transitioning option but i suppose you should just go with the side you're closer too.

btw i love the lookbook idea.

Is there a way to add products, or are they added if you create a lookbook?

Oh and congrats on the launch of the site. :clap:

Thanks! And yes, to create a LookBook, you just join and then click on "Create A LookBook". There you can:

1) Choose a frame and upload a picture:

2) Search for the product you used, for example

3) And then add any description or video instructions, categorize, and post!

Last edited:

Iamhim

This is a great idea! I can totally see this blowing up. I hope this is the beginning of something great!

Congratulations and much success to you!

Last edited:

Natty_Virgo

I think this is a great idea!

eta: I can already see that this is going to lead to more spending for me :lol: I already have something new on my list just from browsing.

Last edited:

HighlyFavored1

Great concept! I signed up. Can't wait to check everything out. :)

Congrats...Just bookmarked...

Happy Hair Growing!

This is a great idea! I can totally see this blowing up. I hope this is the beginning of something great!

Congratulations and much success to you!

Just finished playing around with it! You really have something spectacular here!! I know my friends would love this!

Looks great sweetie! Man, I wish I had the time to sit and create things. Great job and I will support!

Thanks so much for all of the support! I'd definitely love the help in telling your friends and sharing your looks!

Also have a $250 hair and makeup product giveaway here :yep:

darlingdiva

Congratulations to you! I just signed up. I just hope people won't get bored with my talking about how I did twistout after twistout.

Being a plain Jane works for me, but it would still be fun to at least know how to do other styles.