Finally HERE! A new way to share hair styles and products!!

HighlyFavored1

HighlyFavored1 I actually meant how do you input the products?

I'm wondering the same thing here. None of my favs are already listed, how do I add them?

Thanks for the clarification...I think that you're asking how do you add products that don't show up when you search for them on the Create LookBook page? Is that what happened?

As of now, when you type in a product search query when Creating A Lookbook, the site searches among millions of products online but is not unfortunately not able to search every store database yet- particularly that of smaller brands. If you're unable to find a product through the search box, then it's best to just tell users about it in the Description box. Other than that, there is no way to add products that aren't in the search database. I'd also love to hear about any products or brands that are missing but you think should be in the database.

Once you tag a product in a LookBook, it shows up in your LookBook and also shows up in the Hair or Makeup products sections.

HighlyFavored1

Thanks sooo much for all of the feedback and support ladies! Please let me know if you have any more suggestions or thoughts in the future!

*~*Afrolicious*~*

I think you should include thickness of individual hair strands (fine, medium, thick). I recently realized that following hair advice/product recommendations of people with fine hair has been waaay more successful for me then people with 3c/4a hair type.

HighlyFavored1

I think you should include thickness of individual hair strands (fine, medium, thick). I recently realized that following hair advice/product recommendations of people with fine hair has been waaay more successful for me then people with 3c/4a hair type.

Great suggestion, thanks! It sounds like both that and an option for "transitioning" would be useful. Thank you

Kdiamond19

I love this site.It's a really great idea!:yep: I remember searching the internet and black hair magazines for prom or wedding hair styles and trying to recreate the looks. i would have been on your site all day back then. Your site already has some nice eye makeup looks on there. I wish some of the users gave a little more details on the steps they took to create the look with the products listed. Overall Great Job OP!

Solitude

OP, I signed up. The site looks great & this is a really unique idea.

The only thing is that I wasn't immediately ready to create a lookbook, so there wasn't much else for me to do.

HighlyFavored1

OP, I signed up. The site looks great & this is a really unique idea.

The only thing is that I wasn't immediately ready to create a lookbook, so there wasn't much else for me to do.

Thanks so much ladies!

Solitude - I appreciate this feedback. I've been working on that and trying to think of a way to be more helpful to those who don't want to create LookBooks and maybe don't immediately see styles they're interested in. Please definitely let me know if there were features you would've liked to see.

Also, for people who aren't looking for products based on styles, there is a ton of information we've codified in the products section that's based on type of product (e.g. learning about how to shop for shampoos, conditioners, and foundation) or to just learn the 101 on how to solve your needs (e.g. breakage, makeup for dry skin). It's in the products section and I'm not sure how much people notice that or whether it's what folks are looking to find. For example, here is the section on combating dry hair http://beautyx.com/product/Hair/concern/Dry

Thanks!!

justNikki

Kudos to you for doing this! This is such a great idea and it really will be very helpful to many women of color. Thanks for sharing.

fitnessmommy

Just signed up and I'm trying to create a look. Is there a way to create a look that is both makeup and hair at the same time? I tried to check off heat styling and dramatic makeup and it wouldn't let me.

Thanks! Very good idea!