Finally pictures....I think.

Hi Shortdub,

Yes I do daily wash n gos.

I was looking at your post and I realized that I misspelled 'straighter' 2x:wallbash::lachen:

Thank you ladies for all the compliments. I actually did the BC in August but I wore a wig until September (about 4 weeks) because I didn't like the way I looked and I was worried about what others would say:nuts: . Finally I got up enough nerve and threw the wig away and said wtf. Let them talk. Let them laugh.

Over the last 13-14 months I have experimented with a lot of different products until I finally found what works for me. I wash and condition my hair daily. I only comb my hair in the shower under running water. I henna:love:, and I take my vitamins(MSM, Biotin, Flaxseed Oil pill). I also deep condition once a week.

My products that I cant live without are African's Best Tea Tree and Shea Butter Moisturizer, Jamican Black Castor Oil, Salerm 21, ORS Replinishing Pack, Dudley's Moisturizing Conditioner, QP Conditioner (I mix all three conditioners for deep conditioning) and I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner for my daily washes.

Although I wish my hair was 12 inches it's not. From root to tip it is around 9 inches.

Again - WOW. Not only did you get some serious growth... it is beautiful.

Congratulations!

Wow!! You've had a lot of growth in a little over a year - 9"!!!! That is simple amazing!!! and for me - IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Looks great! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
:shocked:OMG that progress is insane:shocked:
:FlahsssssI think this might be the most growth/retention Ive seen so far in the course of a year:drool:

What was ur reggie from when u chopped till now?

I'd like to know as well! Did you just wash n' go daily?

Either way, that's amazing progress!! :yep:

ETA: NEVERMIND...you just answered it above. Do you have a picture of how your wash n' go looks?

Last edited:
Thank you ladies for all the compliments. I actually did the BC in August but I wore a wig until September (about 4 weeks) because I didn't like the way I looked and I was worried about what others would say:nuts: . Finally I got up enough nerve and threw the wig away and said wtf. Let them talk. Let them laugh.

Over the last 13-14 months I have experimented with a lot of different products until I finally found what works for me. I wash and condition my hair daily. I only comb my hair in the shower under running water. I henna:love:, and I take my vitamins(MSM, Biotin, Flaxseed Oil pill). I also deep condition once a week.

My products that I cant live without are African's Best Tea Tree and Shea Butter Moisturizer, Jamican Black Castor Oil, Salerm 21, ORS Replinishing Pack, Dudley's Moisturizing Conditioner, QP Conditioner (I mix all three conditioners for deep conditioning) and I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner for my daily washes.

Although I wish my hair was 12 inches it's not. From root to tip it is around 9 inches.

Again - WOW. Not only did you get some serious growth... it is beautiful.

Congratulations!

Back