Finally posted my flat ironing technique

brittanynic16

Hello everyone! Quite a few people have sent me messages or expressed in different threads that they wanted to know how I flatiron my hair. I finally got around to doing one and posted it on my channel. Here is the video if anyone would like to see what I do.

[video=youtube;bfZMU79_DB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZMU79_DB4[/video]​

yep im totally diggin the hair! So question.... the only product you use is serum?

I did this once by accident and it resulted in the best flat ironing job of my life! But I have been scared to do it since lol

Also do you have any issues with splits or do you do frequent dustings? I would totally rock a press more often if my hair wouldnt split

Last edited:
When did you start deep conditioning and why? I thought you always just used regular conditioner and then rinsed out or something like that.

ppg0069

Yep the serum is the only product I use while flat ironing. I tried other methods but the one I showed is the best and my hair always turns out so soft.

Split ends are not a major problem for me. I keep my hair very moisturized and deep conditioned. I think a lot of people have trouble with dryness and heat is because they don't think the can or don't moisturize their hair while straight. I also have a video on how I moisturize my hair while straight. I just search and destroy every once and while and that's it. I went to get my hair trimmed in September and the stylist said my ends were fine and barely cut anything.

Last edited:
LaFemmeNaturelle

Your right I did not deep condition for a long time. But then I had a stylist volunteer to do my hair for me. She deep conditioned it and I was sold. My hair felt and looked great. I have been doing it ever since. That was at the end of June. I believe the next video I did after the deep conditioning I made a "formal" statement about how I was wrong/missing out by not deep conditioning.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Your right I did not deep condition for a long time. But then I had a stylist volunteer to do my hair for me. She deep conditioned it and I was sold. My hair felt and looked great. I have been doing it ever since. That was at the end of June. I believe the next video I did after the deep conditioning I made a "formal" statement about how I was wrong/missing out by not deep conditioning.

lol so what DC did she use and do you now use? I mustve missed that video because I am subscribed. Your new video also did not come up on my new video subscriptions so maybe thats why I missed the other one. I know another user was having a problem with her videos not showing up for people unless they went to her page.

lol so what DC did she use and do you now use? I mustve missed that video because I am subscribed. Your new video also did not come up on my new video subscriptions so maybe thats why I missed the other one. I know another user was having a problem with her videos not showing up for people unless they went to her page.

She used a Nairobi deep conditioner but now I use a Keracare deep conditioner. I can't remember the exact name and I'm not at home so I'll have to get back to you with that one.

I just went through my videos and your right. I swore I mentioned it but I guess I didn't. I am applying it in my detangling video but I didn't say the name. Sorry about that. My next video will be my reggie so I'll correct that and let everyone know that I have been doing it since August. I thought it was June but after looking at the videos I see that my timeline is off. Thanks for letting me know.

Great job! How often do you flat iron and deep condition your hair? Does your hair seem to get straighter with the brush chase method rather than the comb chase method? Looks like the brush puts enough tension on the hair to get it flat and smooth with the iron. I like the way you use your serum heat protector. Is it only available on-line? Your hair has shown amazing growth, and looks healthy and shiny. Thanks for sharing your progress with us.:grin:

Thanks for showing us!
Do you find that you get better results using this Denman brush vs. using a comb to chase?
The last time I flat ironed, it worked out well with the comb but if it's even bettter with the brush....well, I got my credit card ready!

Also, while I want to flat iron from airdried hair I might want to rock just a blowout with no press. I've heard no so great things about using the comb handheld blowdryers, what's your opinion on those?
It would be much easier for me to blowdry with it attached....

Lastly, do you prefer sprays or serums to protect from heat? Do you get better presses from one?

Tks!

I love it! how many sections do you use and do you put a large drop of serum on each section. I'm heavy handed and that 'drop' doesnt seem enough (even though I know it prob is), lol!

I"m going to check it out. I'm thinking of straightening next month so I can trim and check my length.

Your hair is stunning! I must admit, I'm a bit excited, because I happened to have bought that same brush this week; I was going to test it out tonight to see whether I liked it for blowdrying or flat ironing, since several reviews I've seen for the brush say that it's AMAZING for flat ironing!

Thank you so much for sharing and taking the time out to make that video

Your hair is gorgeous! I wish you could do mine but at least I can watch your videos! :) Thanks for sharing!

love the video:):):) your hair came out a-maz-ing & the overall video was very sweet, informative, & charming. i saw you checkin' your swang at the end, lol, i do that too, lol ... that had me crackin' up .. thanks for showing that brush. i need that in my life -- now:)

Back