Finally....self relax without burning!!!!

avyance

Okay today I self relaxed my hair with Mizani fine/color treated lye relaxer. Typically I burn and so I can't smooth my hair as much as I want, but I have figured it out, thanks to my LHCF!!!

Last night I based my scalp in vaseline and wentto bed. I didn't comb it or anything before going to bed. This morning I got up and based my scalp again and then applied the relaxer.

OH MAN, the results are looking good!!!!

YUMMY28

congrats i had to start doing my relaxers at home because my hairdresser would burn my scalp everytime

Artemis

Yeah I've noticed that if I base, wait awhile, then base again, it doesn't burn at all! But if I base only once,then touch up, I get a little tingle towards the end, right before rinsing.

Funny thing, the scalp :p Maybe it's b/c the basing product has a chance to cover every square inch??

Congrats:)

shunta

artemis_e. said:
Yeah I've noticed that if I base, wait awhile, then base again, it doesn't burn at all! But if I base only once,then touch up, I get a little tingle towards the end, right before rinsing.

Funny thing, the scalp :p Maybe it's b/c the basing product has a chance to cover every square inch??

Hmm Ill have to try this because I always burn. Thanks for the ideas, ladies.

navsegda

artemis_e. said:

Hello, artemis. I just wanted you to know that I am now stalking your fotki. :D

TemiLnd

I agree...
Whenever i base with vaseline the night b4 relaxing it doesn't burn.
Nice to know i'm not the only one...:D