Finally, something that truly works to keep the silk/satin scarf on at night

If anyone has issues with wearing a silk or satin scarf at night and having it slip back or even slip off altogther this might work.... take a regular pair of thigh high stockings ( they MUST have silicone or rubber on the garter tho,, most have that i think) and cut the garter off the stocking,,, and put that like a headband over the silk scarf on your head ( id previously used headbands and the scarf would slip ),,,, the silicone or rubber on the garter will sort of mold to the silk or satin and it fits firmly and stops it from slipping,, ive been doing it weeks now,, works better than anything yet, plus ur wearing a little piece of lingerie on your head lol :grin:

Isis

This is a very good idea! Thank you Ravenhairbellydancer, I love wearing thigh highs and I'll have to try this one. :)

Jazzmommy

I do this with my 4 year old to keep her little satin sleep caps on. It works! I use her outgrown stockings :grin:

Ivonnovi

It's...like...you've.....been hiding in my closet!

I also use the bands from knee-hi's as ponytail holders.....these secure my hair (and I'm very very tenderheaded) without the headaches. I use scrunchies and clips only as ornaments.

Leslie_C

Im sure hubby will really find this look even more attractive than the scarf alone :lachen:

j/k...I had given up bc they never stay on my head so maybe Ill try this. Or maybe not...I dont seem to get much action when I walk around with a scarf on and that is just not cool at all lol.

Im sure hubby will really find this look even more attractive than the scarf alone :lachen:

j/k...I had given up bc they never stay on my head so maybe Ill try this. Or maybe not...I dont seem to get much action when I walk around with a scarf on and that is just not cool at all lol.
LOL:lachen::lachen:,, yeah i mean come on , u can tell him im wearing a sexy garter only its... on my head.. LOL

Rei

this seems like a good idea. What I usually do is wear my silk scarf and then just sleep on a silk pillowcase, so when the scarf slips off, at least I have the pillowcase :grin:

this seems like a good idea. What I usually do is wear my silk scarf and then just sleep on a silk pillowcase, so when the scarf slips off, at least I have the pillowcase :grin:
that is a great idea,, i would do that but i find silk pillowcases warm for some reason:ohwell:, other than that its perfect for back up! lol