Silk Scarf Won't Stay On - Night Hair Help!!!

wyldcurlz

Okay, need help. How do you all tie your silk scarves at night? I see a lot of women with there scarves wrapped around their head and tied in the back. i need a new method of tying because my scarf will NOT stay on my head!! especially when my hair is curly. I need some scarf tying tutorials. Anyone know of any of the web? I cannot do silk bonnet - i feel that it would come off easily.

Or maybe I should just pineapple my hair. Do y'all have success with that?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I dont know what pineapple is but I tie my scarf where the knot is in the front. I got a really long one that goes around my head twice.....

Last edited:

wyldcurlz

i think its called a pineapple when you just throw your hair in a loose bun at the top of your head.

i need to find videos showing how to tie the scarves properly. mine only goes around my head once, but i make a small knot in the back of the scarf. i cross wrap my hair, and put the scarf on in the back, gather it in the front at my forehead and tie it tightly there. but sometime in the middle of the night, it comes off.

HeChangedMyName

Here is what I do:

• fold scarf into the standard triangle
  • put folded side in the front of my hairline
  • tie two ends back(but not in a knot)
  • swing those two ends back to the front of my head(over top of the scarf)
  • knot the ends and fold my scarf up over them to keep everything in place
  • pull the tail of the scarf down in the back to make sure it is secure

HTH

VettaVetta

silk scarves never stay on my head like silk sheets does not stay on the bed it's just given no other scarf you could use to substitute?

lovinglength

Invest in a %100 pure silk pillowcase with an envelope closing, it wont slide off the pillow. I got mine on ebay for $20 bucks and I love it.

wyldcurlz

Invest in a %100 pure silk pillowcase with an envelope closing, it wont slide off the pillow. I got mine on ebay for $20 bucks and I love it.

and then you just keep your hair in a ponytail? and sleep on the silk pillowcases. i have 1 silk pillowcase. might just make them all silk. thanks

wyldcurlz

Here is what I do:

• fold scarf into the standard triangle
  • put folded side in the front of my hairline
  • tie two ends back(but not in a knot)
  • swing those two ends back to the front of my head(over top of the scarf)
  • knot the ends and fold my scarf up over them to keep everything in place
  • pull the tail of the scarf down in the back to make sure it is secure

HTH

THANK YOU!!! I'm going to try it.

Kneechay

I think you should get a satin cap also. If you're having issues with the scarf, the cap would be a backup. I always wear both, it's grown to be a habit.

LaReyna756

I use the bonnet from Maverick Wear, www.maverickwear.com . It has elastic, and a drawstring, so you don't have to worry about the elastic failing and the cap coming off. I also wear their headband to smooth down my edges.

Now, I am checking out the website for the Pretty Wrap. I may try this. Thanks Belle Cheveux!