Fine Hair and ALMOST Bone Straight?

Sunshine0801

I know relaxing bone straight on fine hair isn't a very popular choice, but is a texlax the only safe option for ladies with fine hair who relax? Is it possible to relax almost to the point of being bone straight (maybe a slight wave) and still maintain healthy hair?

Jetblackhair

It did not work for me although back when I was relaxed I was not practicing healthy hair care techniques. I will say my hair back then had no body and it stayed the same length.

I started out with texlaxed hair (pre-LHCF & I didn't even know what it meant :lachen:) and my hair was full of body and healthy. My stylist had suggested a texlax for my fine hair
instead of a full relaxer, again I didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm natural now but a bone straight relaxer would never work for me as it equals over done lifeless hair & breakage. If I were to get a relaxer it would be a texlax. My hair is medium density, so I would have to keep some texture to give it fullness & keep it healthy.

LivingDol1

i suppose you could if you took proper care of your hair. i have fine hair, but it looks like it's texlaxed. my hair is curly when wet for the most part. i wouldn't choose to relax bone straight b/c i would lose all of the volume in my hair.

LushLox

I got a bone straight relaxer at my last touch up, but never again. My hair stayed limp and lifeless for weeks, and doing this over time is just going to result in thinner hair for me - so I can't do it anymore. :nono: I'll be texlaxing in future.

Sunshine0801

It did not work for me although back when I was relaxed I was not practicing healthy hair care techniques. I will say my hair back then had no body and it stayed the same length.

I started out with texlaxed hair (pre-LHCF & I didn't even know what it meant :lachen:) and my hair was full of body and healthy. My stylist had suggested a texlax for my fine hair
instead of a full relaxer, again I didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm natural now but a bone straight relaxer would never work for me as it equals over done lifeless hair & breakage. If I were to get a relaxer it would be a texlax. My hair is medium density, so I would have to keep some texture to give it fullness & keep it healthy.

i suppose you could if you took proper care of your hair. i have fine hair, but it looks like it's texlaxed. my hair is curly when wet for the most part. i wouldn't choose to relax bone straight b/c i would lose all of the volume in my hair.

I got a bone straight relaxer at my last touch up, but never again. My hair stayed limp and lifeless for weeks, and doing this over time is just going to result in thinner hair for me - so I can't do it anymore. :nono: I'll be texlaxing in future.

Thanks for the replies, ladies.

So do you all have to flat iron your hair to get it straight? Will a rollerset or scarf do the trick? What about single strand knots...do you get those?

If bone straight hair is out of the picture, and my routine will be the same texlaxed as it is natural, I might not even relax...