Who Relaxes straight/bone straight?

pazyamor

I relax my hair very straight, only because I'm a stretcher and I wait at least 10 weeks until I relax again. I'm relaxing this Friday, so I won't realax again until February...:yep:

pistachio

I do all the time because if you only relax it half-assed, half the time, you will have a head of strands with various textures and never able to hold a style as well. Since my hair is uniformly straight, my hair looks pretty good straight or with rollerset curls because all the strands are about the same texture...

pistachio

Also to answer the OP's question I relax every 7-8 weeks, and yes I feel my hair is healthy and strong. My strands are a little difficult to snap in half which is good. I kept my hair conditioned very well....

bbdgirl

I would LOVE to transition to straight but I'm afraid I will overprocess my hair in the process.... I'm kinda slow while applying the relaxer.
Do any of you ladies apply their own relaxer or do you use a stylist???

I went from bone straight to natural to texlax and back to bone straight over the last 5 years. I am texlaxing again because i kinda forgot how much I like the texture of my hair (mostly 3c with 4a at the crown) and it gets totally lost when I go bone straight. i miss my semi-fro. I have been relaxing my own for hair for years and I am going to stretch for 3-4 months because I really want to avoid overprocessing my hair. i noticed that the last time that i went natural after the 8 week mark my hair stopped shedding and breaking and just kept growing. :yep:

Empress Yahudah

I would LOVE to transition to straight but I'm afraid I will overprocess my hair in the process.... I'm kinda slow while applying the relaxer.
Do any of you ladies apply their own relaxer or do you use a stylist???

I apply my own relaxer

PinkPeony

I went from bone straight to natural to texlax and back to bone straight over the last 5 years. I am texlaxing again because i kinda forgot how much I like the texture of my hair (mostly 3c with 4a at the crown) and it gets totally lost when I go bone straight. i miss my semi-fro. I have been relaxing my own for hair for years and I am going to stretch for 3-4 months because I really want to avoid overprocessing my hair. i noticed that the last time that i went natural after the 8 week mark my hair stopped shedding and breaking and just kept growing. :yep:

Thank you bbd:yep:
I loooove my texture too but texlaxing is driving me insane:nono:,I like to wear my hair flatironed and it takes to much heat for me to achieve that look.

Thank you too MissMadaam:grin:

JerriBlank

I'm bumping this cause i wanna know what strength relaxers you ladies are using.I have a relaxer coming up in two months and i want to know if i should go back to my super relaxer and just add oils to calm it down,or try something less harsh(regular). Any advice?

thesweetone

I attempt to get my hair bone straight everytime I relax. Since I'm a self-relaxer, relaxing in sections helps. I'm using ORS lye regular right now, but as soon as my stash of that is done, I'm going to try the Mizani Butter Blend. I touch-up every three months.

Nanyanika

I usually relax bone straight, however i've decided to put a stop to this, For fear that in the long run, It may damage my hair. The last thing i need is thin broken up hair. I'm switching to silk elements mild lye and i plan to leave more wave in my hair, to help retain thickness and strength.

PecanCandy

My mom does my perms, and she will only do it bone straight. She's all "Let momma make sure it's all straight"...No texlaxing w/her. LOL

I relax every 4mnths. I think my hair is the best its been in awhile.

Te'TahHead

I attempt to get my relaxer bone straight every time but it will never do that. :lachen:I always end up texlaxed. I stretch every 12 weeks and I think my hair hates being relaxed. Oh well, it is pretty healthy.

HoneyDew

I attempt to get my relaxer bone straight every time but it will never do that. :lachen:I always end up texlaxed. I stretch every 12 weeks and I think my hair hates being relaxed. Oh well, it is pretty healthy.

this is me.

Myhair just won't get bone straight and I am happy with that.

I do have some bone straight ends that I got when a stylist did my relaxer a few years ago.

This was before I was serious about the board, so I let her do it. She said "You need to leave the relaxer on a longtime. Longer than everyone else.". :blush:

NEVER AGAIN.

Being texlaxed works for me. I use heat and I think being texlaxed helps with damage control. If I was bone straight I don't think I would ever let a flatiron touch my hair.

Empress Yahudah

I'm bumping this cause i wanna know what strength relaxers you ladies are using.I have a relaxer coming up in two months and i want to know if i should go back to my super relaxer and just add oils to calm it down,or try something less harsh(regular). Any advice?

I use Elasta QP Mild lye and it get me straight when I process for the full time

SandySea

I get my hair relaxed straight. It's not bone straight after a couple of weeks. I tried to texlax after the haircut in my siggy. But Florida is too humid for that, if you wear your hair down. I felt like I was wearing my hair pressed again. I'd leave home looking good and get to work with my hair all poofy and not cute. I couldn't take it anymore. BTW, I had more breakage when not straight. If I lived in a dryer climate, I would probably texlax. Straight works better for me.

SandySea

My mom does my perms, and she will only do it bone straight. She's all "Let momma make sure it's all straight"...No texlaxing w/her. LOL

I relax every 4mnths. I think my hair is the best its been in awhile.

That's cute. Reminds me of my hairdresser--she loves getting my hair bone-straight.

Chromia

Mizani mild. I have thick hair, but Mizani mild has always worked for me.

wheezy807

I get my hair relaxed every 12wks, bone strait. I was contemplating becoming texlaxed but after seeing so many other ladies are like me i feel rather encouraged.:grin:

bravenewgirl87

I stetch so long that my hair just never seems to get straight. I love the versatility of texlax hair, but the tangles become a huge problem.

almondjoi85

I relax my hair straight every 5-6 weeks. I feel as though my hair is somewhat healthy but there is always room for improvement. I'm currently trying to learn all that I can about hair care and I love love this place and you ladies! :grin:

SmartyPants

I relax bone straight every 8 weeks. My hair is doing very well. Deep conditioning and daily moisturizing is key! Oh and a satin scarf everynight. Just minimize breakage and dryness and your good.

Oh and do not use listerine as a relaxer base!!!:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I'm glad you can look back on that and laugh!!!

How is your scalp feeling now?

JerriBlank

Mizani mild. I have thick hair, but Mizani mild has always worked for me.

See,my last relaxer was Mizani super,and it burned my scalp,but it did get it straight. I'm just scared the mild wouldn't take on my hair,but i'm not going back to their super:nono:.

chichibean

I relax straight but I use Phyto II so it does maintain some body (wave) and thickness to my hair. I relax every 10-12 weeks. But I really try to maintain my hair's moisture level and I rarely use heat.
My hair has never been healthier!