First Wash After A Relaxer

MizaniMami

Should you use a protein treat, light protein treat, or just do an exclusive moisture wash? Seeing how I used a light protein a few days before my relaxer and during...?

I am thinking that my hair wants just moisture (doesn't feel dry or anything) but I am thinking about just adding some Keraphix to my DC to heal my nerves. But I know hair is weaker after a relaxer?

What do you ladies do??

Yeah, I probably wouldnt do a hardcore protein treatment since you've been using mild ones right before the relaxer. The next two washes i would use a moisturizing conditioner.... then by the third i might do a protein treatment.

Okay, I got two of the best in the game telling me light. I will def. go for moisturizing light like keraphix, Imma just add it to my Humecto or CON Nourishing.

I'm glad you posted this Mizani. I was wondering the same thing. I'm unsure of what you guys are talking about but I got that I should do a moisture wash.:D

Thanks for posting this MizaniMami,

I was just wondering the same thing. I just did my Phyto on Sat and that comes with a Protein Treatment after it, but I was wondering if I should do another Protein for the next wash. I'm planning on hennaing next wknd so I don't want to dry my hair out too much in the pursuit of strength. I think it's a choice betweein Dup Tex and your beloved Aveda DR. What do yall think?

On my first wash, I deep conditioned, I had a bad reversion protein experience on my relaxer so I avoided it like the plague, however on my second wash I did the aphogee treatment which was my 6 week due date anyway and my hair sucked it all up. No shedding after that! So that will be my reggie from now on after relaxer hard core protein on 2nd wash.

LadyJ76 said:
Thanks for posting this MizaniMami,

I was just wondering the same thing. I just did my Phyto on Sat and that comes with a Protein Treatment after it, but I was wondering if I should do another Protein for the next wash. I'm planning on hennaing next wknd so I don't want to dry my hair out too much in the pursuit of strength. I think it's a choice betweein Dup Tex and your beloved Aveda DR. What do yall think?

I think Duo Tex is a harder protein than the Aveda DR. So in that case I would def. go with the Aveda DR.

I use UBH condish,or Elasta QP breakage control serum after the first wash of my relaxers.

I use Nexxus Emergencee a week to 10 days after a touch up with no problems I always follow up with a heavy duty moisturizer anyway so I'm covered.

I just did my 1st wash after my touch up on sunday and i used keritin reconstructor and deep conditioned with ORS replenishing.

I also did the keritan treatment before my touch up as well.

my hair was pretty silky soft after all the above was done.

but i do plan on doing the aphogee hardcore treatment next wash.

nomoweavesfome said:
I did the aphogee treatment which was my 6 week due date anyway and my hair sucked it all up. No shedding after that! So that will be my reggie from now on after relaxer hard core protein on 2nd wash.

You waited 6 weeks post relaxer to do the Aphrogee?

I am so confused about when to moisturize and when to do protein. I'll be 1 week post relaxer on Wed.

I relaxed my hair last wednesday...sooo this coming wednesday....I am going to wash my hair with keracare detangling shampoo and then apply Aaphogee 2 minute reconstructor on my hair and sit under my heating cap for 30 minutes.:)

I did light protein, I read on the forum that if you do hard core protein your hair could revert (I'll try to bump the thread).

Followed by moisturzing, always then my porosity control..

Back