What's the first conditioner that you use after a relaxer

What is conditioner do you use during the first wash after your relaxer?

• Total voters

tryn2growmyhair

I am talking about the wash after you have had a relaxer -- not the wash that you use to wash out the relaxer. I.e. you go to the salon or do it yourself and then your next wash -- whether its a week later or several days later.

Do you use a heavy protein -- emergencee, etc.
A light protein -- AO GPB, MNT
A moisturizer

Also, could you please name which products you use? I have been using Emergencee a week after my relaxers but am now wondering after reading one of the posts saying that you are not supposed to use heavy protein (or was it no protein?). I might switch to AO GPB or a moisturizer.

TIA for your responses.

myco

tryn2growmyhair said:
I am talking about the wash after you have had a relaxer -- not the wash that you use to wash out the relaxer. I.e. you go to the salon or do it yourself and then your next wash -- whether its a week later or several days later.

Do you use a heavy protein -- emergencee, etc.
A light protein -- AO GPB, MNT
A moisturizer

Also, could you please name which products you use? I have been using Emergencee a week after my relaxers but am now wondering after reading one of the posts saying that you are not supposed to use heavy protein (or was it no protein?). I might switch to AO GPB or a moisturizer.

TIA for your responses.

I just had a touch-up on Friday and my first wash was last night. I did an overnight hot-oil treatment, shampooed with Elucence Moisture shampoo and used only moisturizing conditioners: Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner mixed with Nexxus Ensure. This weekend when I wash again, I'll use protein. I have a little bit of Nexxus Keraphix left, but I just bought the Vitale Super Intensive reconstructor so I'll probably try that. I always use a moisturizing conditioner after protein.

Jewell

After touch-ups, I do the following in this order:

1.Suave Hot Oil Treatment (don't shampoo out, just rinse)
2.Nexxus Keraphix (med. protein)
3.Nexxus Humectress (heavy moisture)
4.Revlon Fermodyl 615 Leave-In
5.NTM Silk-Touch Leave-In
6.Comb through, air dry, apply Nexxus Botanic Oil and Profectiv Healthy Ends, wrap when dry and tie w/satin scarf.

bajanplums1

At the salon they use Perfecta Wheat Germ.
Week 1 at home: Salerm Wheat Germ
Week 2: @ home: Heavy Protein (DRC-28) Salerm Wheat Germ, Alterego Coconut Conditioning Mask
Week 3-8: Elucence MB, Salerm Wheat Germ, Alterego Coconut Conditioning Mask
Week 9:Heavy Protein (DRC-28) Salerm Wheat Germ, Alterego Coconut Conditioning Mask
Week 10: Elucence MB, Salerm Wheat Germ, Alterego Coconut Conditioning Mask

L

lkg4healthyhair

I washed my hair on Saturday and Tuesday night used Emergencee followed by NTM deep recovery mask.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

After texturizing my hair:

Week 1: Wash and use a heavy protein (Emergencee)
Week 2: Wash and deep condition twice (Elasta Qp DPR-11)

Then before my other texturizer (every 3 1/2 months) I do another protein treatment (Emergencee).

star

I really use a medium protien but this not a choice in the vote. I then follow up with moisturizing conditioner like Keracare. The week before my relaxer I do the heavy protein then. :grin:

LABETT

I like to give my hair moisture (Elucence poo and condtioner) the first wash after my relaxer and then use a light protein like Aubrey's GPB the next wash.
Two weeks post relaxer I use a heavy duty like Duldley DRC 28.

BAILEYSCREAM

I use a cholesterol conditioner and a light protein. I tend to use heavy proteins before the chemical service to build up the hair.

Angelicus

I always wash my hair the day after my relaxer. I pretreat my hair with any oil that is laying around. Then I use a shampoo solution (shampoo diluted with water). I then do a couple of vinegar solution rinses and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (all of my moisturizing conditioners have some type of protein in it, but it is usually around the bottom of the ingredient listing).

i do light protein treatments once a week. Note: I never use hardcore protein treatments.

When I did a protein treatment (hennalucent) on my underprocessed hair-- the day after my relaxer relaxer--my hair reverted. :nono:

jasmin

If I use a heavy protein after a relaxer my hair will revert too. I think Supergirl said that using a heavy protein too soon after will make your hair revert so you should wait 2 weeks. A lighter protein conditioner is fine.

Isis

I use Nexxus Humectress for the first conditioner after a relaxer. I've learned this is when hair really needs to be drenched with moisture. Although I was doing this before reading Shamboosie's book, he said Humectress was like magic for relaxed hair.

I wait a couple of weeks before doing a light protein conditioning with Keraphix. I also use this about 3 days before my relaxer.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Immediately after doing my relaxer I have a heavy protein treatment so the next wash after that is with a moisterizing deep conditioner.

tryn2growmyhair

anky said:
I always wash my hair the day after my relaxer. I pretreat my hair with any oil that is laying around. Then I use a shampoo solution (shampoo diluted with water). I then do a couple of vinegar solution rinses and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (all of my moisturizing conditioners have some type of protein in it, but it is usually around the bottom of the ingredient listing).

i do light protein treatments once a week. Note: I never use hardcore protein treatments.

When I did a protein treatment (hennalucent) on my underprocessed hair-- the day after my relaxer relaxer--my hair reverted. :nono:
Anky, what is your favorite moisturizing conditioner?

Cincysweetie

I relaxed this past Tuesday. The Friday prior to my relaxer, I did a heavy protein treatment. I just washed today and am deep conditioning with the NTM Mask (giving it one last shot). Usually I deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner. Then 2 weeks from when I do my heavy treatment I will do a restorative KerapHix/Humectress combo.

Cinnabuns

When I used to perm I would put Mizani Moisturefuze in my hair and sometimes I would use V05 Blueberries or Srtawberries and cream.

bimbabe

Medium Protein Treatment
Affirm 5 IN 1
Joico K Pac Reconstructor
or
AO GPB-really mild.

Then a mosturizing conditioner
Humecto
Design Essentials Stimulations
Nacidit Olive Oil

kitchen_tician

I use the entire Affirm/Avlon line. I use the Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor immediately after rinsing the relaxer, then neutralizing poo, then regular poo and then I use Humecto.

morehairplease

I voted light protein but when I was relaxed my beautican(sp) would alt. between light protein/heavy protein & a moisturizing co(I guess it was depending on the state of my hair after the relaxer).