Fitness/Health Ministries in your church

lalabanks

Does anyone have a fitness/health ministry in your church or actually lead one. I would like to start up something like that at my church but i'm not really sure how to start and what things you need.

I had talked with several others in my church about meeting like 2-3 times a week to walk or run or do some type of physical activity together and that got me thinking of having it as a women's ministry event or something for the whole church.

I was looking online at some church websites and they have certified instructors to teach things. Would doing workout dvds be okay?

I would like for my church to become more aware of their health.

Any suggestions,ideas????

star

We have it at our Church just 3 days a week and people love it. Some have ceritifed trainers to avoid problems with liability. You can start this without it but just be careful and let people come on their own will. You may want to have a small disclaimer read letting people know that your advise is recommendations and people must use their own person judgement with health and fitness. A video tape is OK and you can read some of the disclaimers on tape to get an idea of what you may want to say. I think a health/fitness ministry is very important to the body of believers. :)

Last edited:

BLESSED1

We do, but unfortunately I am not active in it and I'm a certified trainer, got my degree in the field too but yet I have not been doing my part. Bad me I know :whip: