FLAT IRONS

jaelje

I just got through looking at a CHI ceramic flat iron. I wanted to know what is the difference between these flat irons and the regular flat irons . Does it get your hair straighter? What difference have you noticed between these flat irons and the rest? I would greatly appreciate it . TIA

SiLkY_T

i dont have 1 but from reading information on it the iron gets your hair straighter than most which dont get that hot...

TigerLily

The diff is the technology in the ceramic iron. It evenly distributes the heat which makes the hair straighter and it gets hotter. I have an FHI and I love it!

Dolce_Dawn

Yes, ceramic irons (true ones) have a different type of heater than regular flat irons. Regular ones use coils to heat up and straighten your hair from the outside surface. However, ceramic ones use a more powerful heater (that's why they can get hotter) that radiates or heats your hair from the inside out. This plus the ceramic coating on the plates allow your hair to be straighter, shinier and more protected from damage while using it. IMO it's a great investment.

atlantatiffany

the chi is the best because it is pure ceramic. a lot of flat iron are ceramic coated. so i think u will like the chi. i have one and a rusk and they make my hair salon straight.

kitten73

Where can I find a CHI iron? I have a ceramic flatiron made by a company called Curlmaster that I got from someone here on the board. I am ashamed to say that I haven't used it yet, too lazy to bring it home from work. I live in NY.

UmSumayyah

I just ordered a cheapie revlon ceramic flat iron. It is something I only intend to use a few times a year (and I mean a few, like maybe 5 or 6) so I didn't want to spend alot of money on it. If it doesn't work out I'll bite the bullet and put out the $80 or whatever for a really good one.
I'll let you all know how it goes.

Dolce_Dawn

[ QUOTE ]
atlantatiffany said:
the chi is the best because it is pure ceramic. a lot of flat iron are ceramic coated. so i think u will like the chi. i have one and a rusk and they make my hair salon straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I was told by one of Chi's distributors and also by someone at Ulta (while researching for an iron) that for the most part they were all ceramic coated.

Anyhoo, that's not a big deal. Just shop around and find what's best for you. You want a good iron for a nice price.
The best ones have a PTFC heater which is THE heater to have in a good ceramic iron (CHI has this heater). That's what protects your hair from damage.

Let us know what you decide on!

Lisa23

What's a good heat protectant to use? I was looking at Keratase but it's a little too expensive.

katie

I've used a metal iron before for years and the difference is huge.The metal would get my relaxed hair straight but would have no effect on my roots.The CHI makes my 4b hair look almost like a got a fresh touchup.And it makes my relaxed hair come out even straighter and silkier than the metal.

TigerLily

You can also see about getting a CHI from ebay. The eBay store I bought my ceramic from was Smart Deals Online. They always have good prices. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee no questions asked.

You can use elasta qp mango butter, biosilk silk therapy (love this!), neutrogena healing shine serum (this stuff is fantastic to flat iron with!), fantasia ic glossing polish, and silk elements glossing polish to use as heat protectants.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I have a Chi Turbo 2" and a HAI 1" and they are both great. I got the Chi from Ebay and the HAI from a friend (who bought it from ebay). Before buying the Chi I was never able to achieve salon results at home and was relaxing every 6 weeks. Now with the help of my flat iron I can stretch it out to 12 weeks. I use Fantasia IC Hair Polisher, NTM Serum, Mango Butter or Silk Therapy...depends on the mood I'm in...can we say JUNKIE?!? HTH.

northernbelle

I own a Farouk CHI Turbo Mini .7 inch ceramic flat iron. I wanted the same model and brand as the one used by my stylist. I have been using it weekly for almost two months. I really like the way it performs.

northernbelle

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
[ QUOTE ]
jaelje said:
I just got through looking at a CHI ceramic flat iron. I wanted to know what is the difference between these flat irons and the regular flat irons . Does it get your hair straighter? What difference have you noticed between these flat irons and the rest? I would greatly appreciate it . TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">I was looking at the difference between the regular and the ceramic flat iron on E-bay. The ceramic one is the most used in salons by professionals. It gets the hair a lot more smoother and less damaging. It also seals in the natural moisture, giving your hair a sleeker style with shine and body. And it does not dry your ends. For best results with a ceramic flat iron, use a heat sealant for protecting the hair from the high heat. BTW, haven't use one yet, but will be sometime in the fall. </font>