Flat Twists on Relaxed Hair

marie

I would like to do flat twists on my hair to achieve a twist out. I have bra strap relaxed hair. Questions: 1. Can it be done on wet hair? 2. What products do I use? 3. How long does it take to dry?

It~Can~Grow

First are flat twists just twists to the scalp like french braiding?

If so, I've done them on wet and dry hair and the results were the same.

Dry:
  • I just sprayed a little moisture mist, cream leave in and sealed my ends with coconut oil.
  • The twists were well defined in about 4 hours or so, but for best results should leave overnight.
  • Added coconut oil to fingers before undoing each twist
Wet:
  • Put coconut oil on my fingers before I twisted each section
  • Let them air dry overnight. Deep twists by morning.
  • Added more coconut oil to fingers before undoing each twist
These look funky because of the ng, but this is what they looked like [ twisted] and [unraveled: day 2], is this what you meant? (sorry, pics aren't the greatest)

edit: I also add flexi rods to the end for a little curl and to prevent the twists from unraveling.

Attachments

• Twist.jpg
    Twist.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Twist1.jpg
    Twist1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

LongHairDreams

I would like to do flat twists on my hair to achieve a twist out. I have bra strap relaxed hair. Questions: 1. Can it be done on wet hair? 2. What products do I use? 3. How long does it take to dry?

I did flat twists when I was relaxed and did it on dry hair. My hair was no where near your length:nono:. Even while natural, I do it on dry hair. (I can't get a good grip while its wet). I use gel (black n' sassy). Some will probably say to use the Fantasia IC. With the gel, it takes about 1 - 1.5 hr to fully dry. I don't see why it can't be done on wet hair. HTH

Add: I use gel when im going to keep them in for awhile.

Last edited:

glamazon386

I used to get twist outs at the salon on relaxed hair. She added setting lotion to wet hair and then let me sit under the dryer. Don't unravel them until they're completly dry though.