flat wraping bkt instead of blowdrying

bellezanegra826

I just applied the bkt to my hair and flat wrapped it instead of blow drying it. The last time I applied the bkt and blow dried it, I got a lot of breakage and my eyes and throat burned (yes I was in a well ventilated area and I wore a mask). I let my hair air dry about 60-70% before applying the bkt and I will let it air dry the rest of the way with the bkt on. My eyes are not burning now, so I think it was the vapors from the blow drying that gave me problems last time. I hope my hair doesn't fuse together like this. I'll keep you posted...

angenoir

I thought you were meant blowdry before the treatment and then flat iron it after applying the BKT treatment?

bellezanegra826

I have had this on my head for a few hours now and its almost dry. The hair did not fuse together. In fact, the hair is straighter than it would be if I had blow dried it...its almost pin straight. I am going to flat iron my hair once it is completely dry and I'll post pics in my fotki.

sheba1

Wow, Bellezanegra, I love it! I can't wait to see your result. So innovative to forgo blow drying altogether.

I thought you were meant blowdry before the treatment and then flat iron it after applying the BKT treatment?

The original instructions say to blow dry naked hair after clarifying to 80%, apply bkt, blow dry 100% (bkt still in) and then flat iron. I felt the naked blow dry was too much for my hair. I did as Socalli and applied the bkt on towel dried hair, followed by blow dry to 100% and then flat iron. I think this worked out to be much better for my hair.

bellezanegra826

I am using Global Keratin 2% formaldehyde. When I took down my wrap, I was very pleased with the results. I almost don't even want to flat iron it, but I really believe that the heat seals in the treatment. I'm only about a month post, so I don't have a lot of new growth. I'm not not sure if I would be able to get away with flat wrapping alone if I had more new growth.

eta: I'll post pics of my flat ironed hair in my fotki tomorrow.