Flaxseed externally use.

Krystle~Hime

I know a lot's of LHCF's girls use flaxseed oil internally
but I would like to know Have flaxseeds got properties? I would like to do a homemade oyin leave in juice and I've seen flaxseeds as the 2nd ingredient. and was wondering what does it bring.
I know you can get a nice hold with by making a natural gel with flaxseed, but does it have properties by its own?

manter26

^^ good question. I'd also like to know if anyone knows how to make flaxseed oil from the seeds. I have tons of them that I'm not going to eat. I assume I'd need a mortar and pestle. Has anyone done this? (sry for going off topic).

Krystle~Hime

vitacost sells a big bottle (of the oil) for cheap. you are lucky because flaxseeds oil is forbidden in europe(for sure in france) when i bought mine(from vitacost) i've paid 30€(45$ for shipping tax)
but I can have flaxseeds at all health food stores.

I hope someone knows for my question

Krystle~Hime

by the way, about the homemade oyin leavin I was wondering how to incorporate the seeds, surely by doing a gel with water & flaxseeds.
if someone thinks I'm wrong, don't hesitate to tell me :)

Curlykale

Yes, it should be beneficial: it has omega 3 and has a slight cleansing property, The only thing is, I am not sure it is ph balanced.
When I use flaxseed gel I notice stronger, shinier hair.

As for how to make it, there are some very good videos on youtube, plus I would add the final step of checking the ph. I use spring water, add ACV and sometimes a couple of drops of essential oil and I keep it in the fridge for a week.

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

OH !! A reply !!!
thank you so much ciccina !!
and if you had edited your post due to the length of it, don't worry, i was in a need of good informations, more is good :)

i will buy PH strips and will check it !!
thank you again !

EllePixie

Flax seed gel is basically made alone (you can add other things too though), it's just boiling flax seeds in water, and the seeds give off this gooey type substance. ciccina is right about the omega 3s - the fatty acids are good for hair. However, if you're looking for health benefits it's still more beneficial to ingest the oil. hth