Florida women...what's the weather...

Cheleigh

doing to your hair right now? I'm heading to Hollywood FL tonight, and just realized that it's the first time I'm headed to a humid locale since the BC. Just wondering how the weather (sun, heat, humidity) is affecting your hair. Anyone use products with sunscreen in them? TIA.

Cheleigh said:
doing to your hair right now? I'm heading to Hollywood FL tonight, and just realized that it's the first time I'm headed to a humid locale since the BC. Just wondering how the weather (sun, heat, humidity) is affecting your hair. Anyone use products with sunscreen in them? TIA.

It ain't pretty. It is rainy and hot. I am transitioning right now, and my hair is fuzzier than usual.

Plan on letting your hair have its way.

MzPrince

It's humid and hot in North FL too so I can only imagine Central and South FL. I was speaking with a friend yesterday in Central FL and it's pretty much like Africa hot. I've been bunning and using phony ponys all summer.

MzPrince said:
It's humid and hot in North FL too so I can only imagine Central and South FL. I was speaking with a friend yesterday in Central FL and it's pretty much like Africa hot. I've been bunning and using phony ponys all summer.

I call it slave heat. During times like this I appreciate my ancestors even more!!!

Joshlyn is right, don't bother trying to wear it down. It won't last more than the time it takes you to walk to your car.

MzPrince

chocomom said:
I call it slave heat. During times like this I appreciate my ancestors even more!!!

Joshlyn is right, don't bother trying to wear it down. It won't last more than the time it takes you to walk to your car.

I see that we are here >---------< :lol:

Cheleigh

Thanks so much ladies...I was thinking about trying a rollerset, but now I know that it's gonna be wash and gos all week! :)

JazzyDez

Yeah its hot as h*ll....i don't go outside until the sun goes down....unless I am walking to my car :look:

Ive been protective styling so most of my hair isn't exposed.

But it is frizzy and untamed underneath.....then again I am also 14weeks post...

BTW I am in central FL (Tampa bay)

wadadligyal

I'm 19 weeks post and just doing protective styling like buns and rollersets. Just don't weight your hair down with too much products and you should be fine. I use garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in conditioner and my hair loves this stuff and my hair thrives through the humidity esp. my rollersets.

Tee

joshlyn said:
ditto, checking in from west palm!
So don't try to wear it down!!!!
Cause it aint happening

Yes, she is telling the truth! Every time I go to Florida I try to get all "Glam" up and end up looking like Hell on Day one. I learned the hard way. Protective style are your friend in Florida.

Now, when the family and I go visit, I dont waste my time or money going to the beauty shop.

**I dont bother looking for products with Sunscreen.** HTH