Going to Maryland this Christmas...

Wishin4BSL

to hang out with my SO's family. I'm from Jacksonville, Florida and it's not even cold yet and I've never been in really cold weather or snow and been concerned with my hair. So.....what do I do Northern ladies?? Give me ALL the details about your hair during the winter and the snowy (just in case) weather!!! TIA!!!:)

if you're only going to be up north for a few days or short period of time, I wouldn't change too much - maybe add a little extra moisture

Wishin4BSL said:
I'm gonna be there for a week...Is that long enough to change my regimen?

No, I wouldn't...but maybe some of the other ladies will chime in with things you can do while you're up here. And oh, this has been an unseasonably warm November and December early forecast don't seem to be getting too cold.

I agree, it's about 60 here today in Baltimore. More moisture, if it is cold, protect your nape with a silky scarf. That's about it. Personally, I think I will be bunning for most of the winter cause I think it's going to get really drastic!

It's 71 degrees here today. I certainly hope it's not too cold this Christmas (not fond of the winter). Too bad our weather is about to take a turn. :ohwell: I could take this weather all year round.

Your hair should only need a little extra moisture. IMO, being in Maryland for one week isn't enough to change your regimen. Are you looking for a reason to buy some extra stuff? Go on :poke: , you can tell us. :lol:

I'm the opposite Allandra. Just HATIN' on this warm mess!:lol:

Wishing, you should be just fine. But as the girl mentioned, it's been so not normal around here we don't know what to tell you. It's been like hot for a week, and then it dips down for a few days, and then it's hot, hazy, and humid--just like Fl.

I'm expecting it to be colder for Christmas--it's supposed to get cold this weekend.

I would suggest a nice warm coat and gloves. Bring along a large silk scarf to shield your head from wind if needed.

Yup, I'm looking forward to next week's 30's and 40's weather change too. I like the cold, the sweaters, coats,boots and the frosty air for a few months. Anyway, please bring silk or satin scarves, as others have previously stated to protect your nape from fabric snags. I'd suggest a knit cap {I love those silk ski caps from Nepal with the two hanging braids on the side} to put over your scarf on your head. Should it be really cold and you do wear your hair out..don't touch your hair until it "thaws" out once you get back into the warm indoors.
Have a great time.

Allandra said:
It's 71 degrees here today. I certainly hope it's not too cold this Christmas (not fond of the winter). Too bad our weather is about to take a turn. :ohwell: I could take this weather all year round.

Your hair should only need a little extra moisture. IMO, being in Maryland for one week isn't enough to change your regimen. Are you looking for a reason to buy some extra stuff? Go on :poke: , you can tell us. :lol:

Of course not!!! I'm a *ahem* reformed pj!:look: *sneaks off to buy a new moisturizer* Just this once! Then I'm off the stuff for good!:lol:

Wishin4BSL said:
Of course not!!! I'm a *ahem* reformed pj!:look: *sneaks off to buy a new moisturizer* Just this once! Then I'm off the stuff for good!:lol:
I knew it. Have fun, and let us know what you purchased. ;)

Since it will be getting colder, I would suggest pinning it up and adding a bit more moisture. Nothing too drastic. Have fun!

Back