Fo those of you.....

KeraQueen

Onward & Upwards
... who DO NOT wrap your hair at night, how do you 'style' your hair for bed? I wrap, but i'm trying to give it a rest because i think it's causing one side of my hair to become too thin...

Any suggestions?

NYCQT16

Natural Again
I used to wrap everynite also and it was going well until it seemed like my hair was shedding more so I started wearing a loose ponytail to bed and I tuck the ends under and put on my scarf. Don't know what that will do in way of thinning but the shedding has decreased for me.

Neroli

I put 1 to 3 large magnetic rollers at TOP of head (easy to sleep on side and back) and finger comb in morning. If my hair is freshly washed, only need 1 roller, as hair gets "dirtier" need 2 or 3 rollers to get bounce in the morning.

KinksnCurlz

im gonna bump a thread for u... hold on a sec

It's called "Doobie..."
in it i gave an alternate means of wrapping the hair.

KinksnCurlz

i either use a satin bonnet or a silk scarf

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
loose bun secured with large bobby pin. sometimes i'll put the bun on top of my head instead of in the back. this really works because when i take it down, the front of my hair has a little height instead of being flat to my head.

pmichael52172

My hair is in a short bob (right at the nape of my neck) so I just loosely finger comb my sides back, put on my silk bonnet and get my snore on.
In the morning, I take it off, put a little shea pomade in my hands and spread it in my hair as I fluff it out. Sometimes I touch up with a caruso roller or two if need be but most of the time I'm good.

I HATE nightly wrapping and always have. My hair is naturally fine and for some reason when I would comb it in the morning. One side would "lean" all day and I could never get it to hang.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Wrapping isn't an option for me b/c my hair just never 'got it'
. I either make one large loose french braid and tuck the tail under w/a good hair days hair pin or I just make a loose french twist, securing w/one good day pin. Sometimes I tuck all my ends, sometimes I don't. I don't do scarves often b/c I sleep too wild I guess
. They never make it through the night. My pillows are covered w/satin cases, so I figure I'm safe.

LEOLADYSW

I either put my hair in a couple of bantu knots, or I put in a couple of braids and pin them up. That way, when I wake up, I have some kind of style going on if I don't put my hair in a single knot and wear a phony pony.

Wrapping my hair does not give it any kind of style, so I would have to use steam rollers or something in the morning. I am not my best in the morning!

kema

I put my hair in about eight pin curls. I take a section, make one loop, and secure it with a clip. It gives me way more body than wrapping.

Neroli

I wish I knew how to do pincurls! It sounds like a good option to my 2 roller on top each night -- Just the thing to sleep in without a headache and still get bounce without too-tight curls.

abainaa

I do two big braids, one on each side. Only started doing that last month tho, before that I just slept on it out but now I am serious about waist length!

Aerie17

No man to consider, so I just put in some Long and Healthy, Surge (not every night) and Liv hairdressing. I pin it in a loose bun. Then it's on with the scarf and a satin night cap. I look a fright, but hey, it's growing!

NAY007

I think this depends on how you want to wear your hair the next day. When I want to wear it straight I either put it in a bun or wrap it. But usually during the week I put it in a braid.

caress

[ QUOTE ]
kema said:
I put my hair in about eight pin curls. I take a section, make one loop, and secure it with a clip. It gives me way more body than wrapping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do pincurls too. I also sometimes tie my hair up with my hair pulled back formed into one big curl (that I make with my fingers). This is hard to describe but it works.

Zuppy

Pin curls, bantu knots, and I recently sleeping in wire rollers becasue A) I don't know how to use magnetic rollers properly and B) Even if I could roll with magnetic rollers I doubt I could sleep in them. The wire rollers are not has hard to sleep in and do not come out rolled to tight.

shoelover1972

I either wear a loose bun and then put my hair in 5 rollers for 1hr or so in the morning or wear the 5 rollers all night. I always wear a satin scarf. I stopped wrapping my hair as it started to break at the back and thinned out.