SHORT HAIRED LADIES[&& I MEAN SHORT HAIR]

tatambabyy

how do you guys style your hair? I usually wrap it while wet with some jane carter wrap && roll and sit under the dryer. To maintain it, I wrap my hair every night. I'm in need of new styles though. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Stepiphanie

Yay short hair!! I usually wrap it while wet, after applying my leave-in, moisturizing, and sealing, then I let it air dry.I've beeen trying to avoid heat as much as possible which is extremely hard w/ this style.The one time I sat under the dryer I ended up flat ironing the front give it more of a style. Btw how often are you getting touch ups?

complexsimplicity

yeah. I need help too. I usually jus roll my hair on satin foam rollers every night. I'm wondering if this is too much manipulation...

tatambabyy

stepi-I think I'm going to try air drying. I wrapped my hair and sat under the dryer for a hour and some change and my hair stil wasnt dry! I ended up blowing drying the damp areas but had a wonderful outcome. After I let down my wrap it looked like I flat ironed my hair and I must say its holding up well. I don't know if I will get the same effect air drying because my hair is very thick and tends to frizz up unless I apply heat to it. I love me some heat! as for touch ups. I self-relaxed for the very first time on friday. I just don't understand how I can touch up without getting my ends being that my hair is sooo short. I used to go to the salon every week[religiously] and let them do it. But I can use my 60+ dollars. hehehe. I plan to do my next touch up in december. How do you perm the back of your hair without getting the ends[i just dont get it!] sorry about the lengthyness!

complex-when i first cut my hair I used sponge rollers for the front but my curls came out crappy in the morning. all dented and what not.

Stepiphanie

"stepi-I think I'm going to try air drying. I wrapped my hair and sat under the dryer for a hour and some change and my hair stil wasnt dry! I ended up blowing drying the damp areas but had a wonderful outcome. After I let down my wrap it looked like I flat ironed my hair and I must say its holding up well. I don't know if I will get the same effect air drying because my hair is very thick and tends to frizz up unless I apply heat to it. I love me some heat! as for touch ups. I self-relaxed for the very first time on friday. I just don't understand how I can touch up without getting my ends being that my hair is sooo short. I used to go to the salon every week[religiously] and let them do it. But I can use my 60+ dollars. hehehe. I plan to do my next touch up in december. How do you perm the back of your hair without getting the ends[i just dont get it!] sorry about the lengthyness!"

Girl, I love me some heat too!! I never thought I would air dry on a regular basis, but so far so good. I also have very thick hair. I find that if I baggy w/ saran wrap for a couple hrs once it's dry, it comes out fabulous. As far as touch ups I use to go to the salon every 1-2 wks to get one. I went today for the 1st time in 4 weeks and they said I needed a perm, I held off tho b/c I'm trying to stretch!! As far as avoiding the ends, it's almost impossible @ this lenght I agree:ohwell: Anywho hopefully we get more answers and it's not just a 2way convo..LOL

Last edited:

Miamori

Hey ladies! I am at CBL / SL now, but something that may help, especially in hard to reach areas you know you may not be as careful in, is to coat the unrelaxed portion with a conditioner or oil. This way even if relaxer gets on the area, it stays protected and is less likely to process. When the back of my mom's hair was too short to keep from overprocessing, she only relaxed it every other time she got a relaxer so it would grow out as healthy as possible. :) Happy growing.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
At this length it is so hard to really do much. I am staying away from heat, all forms except when DCing. I am in braids now and will be until Dec '09 and when not in braids I am going to cornrow my hair and wear my wig. I am on a mission!

I am sorry I could be more help.

MA2010

bumping! come on ladies! I know theres more short haired females!

Girl your short cut hair is cute!!! It looks great on you.

I'm SL so I can't really help but I beg you not to take any hair styles from Fantasia :blush:....j/k. But for real don't do it...........:look:!!!!

tatambabyy

stepi-:blush:one to two weeks! oh my lord? how do you manage to still have hair on your head. I woulda been bald by now:lachen: but good for you and your stretching! :clapping:

miamora-Thanks! when i used the optimum anti-breakage perm it came with some kind of lotion to Apply to pre-relaxed hair. I assume this is to avoid over proccessing also?

Southern- I was thinking about getting micros or even a sow-in but the back of my head isn't even long enough for all that! Your hair is gonna grow like crazyyy!

Manushka-:lachen:at the fantasia comment! Don't worry, I'm not that desperate for styles! you're hair is beautiful! One day, one day!

titan

My hair is way to short to do any thing to it. Right now I just slick it down with hair gel :grin: and let it air dry.
I like your style, it's edgy and sophisticated.

Last edited:

wannabelong

I wore half wigs for about 10 months. Then this past July I realized my hair was long enough to get cornrows. In August I got a weave and I took it out about 2 weeks ago, now my hair is long enough to do a decent rollerset. So for short haired girls, I say wig it until you make it. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

tatambabyy

i was watching the ateyaaa video and she made me want to buy a half wig. im so tempted.

&& thanks titan! your hair will grow soon!

NClady

Your cut is cute...

how do you guys style your hair? I usually wrap it while wet with some jane carter wrap && roll and sit under the dryer. To maintain it, I wrap my hair every night. I'm in need of new styles though. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

morehairplease

This past week, I got my twa texturized and must say that I don't really care for it at all. I plan on relaxing bone straight at my next touch in Dec. so my hair will be short/tapered in the back. Other than wrapping my hair, I honestly had to other ideas on how to wear it. I work out 5-6 days a week and sweat extremely bad in my scalp, so curled styles are out. If I could get a nice cut like Malinda Williams, I would be a okay.

JessCNU

Hello fellow short haired ladies :) I just got some kinky twists and I must say they are really growing on me. I'll have some pics soon. There was no way I could stretch my relaxer beyond 6 weeks without looking like a crazy person so braids will have to do for now!

I just put some pics up in my fotki so tell me what you think! no password needed.

Last edited:

Stepiphanie

Thanks Kandi for ur input. You're one one of the people whose progress gives me hope because my hair is about where yours was in march 08!! I'm loving the half wig as well def think I will be trying this!

pmichael52172

JessCNU,

Girl your short cuts are BAD!!!!! I like your twists too but I LOVE a nice precision cut. It looks so polished...in a business suit to jeans and a t-shirt. I guess you just have that face that can wear both.

I have a short bob and I wrestle with growing my hair out but I love the polished look of a short cut.

pmichael52172

Thanks!

My hair is short too (in the back) but longer than yours. My hair is fine so when I wrap it, it "leans" that way after it's styled, so I dry it straight under the dryer. At night I may wrap it loosely (with a wide tooth comb) or pull the sides back and put on a silk bonnet.

To style, why not try to do a few random flipped pieces. I see you have bangs, maybe bend them up in the front so that when you comb it over, it flips on the side. Go to http://www.universalsalons.com/ and you'll find some nice short ideas.

This is not me in this pic but this is EXACTLY how my hair is cut. Sometimes I flip it near the top in the back and leave the back under and feathered to the side. Sometimes I flip the front and random pieces around the sides and back. You'd be surprised how those flips can stay after sleeping on them. With my short hair, mine last about two days.

Last edited: