SHORT HAIRED LADIES[&& I MEAN SHORT HAIR]

SignatureBeauty

LOL!! I hear you, One Goal at a Time, I am at ear length, I was Bald in May of this year, then I lightly texturized, and then I texlaxed, which I have some waves, but not totally straight, I want to stretch for like 4 months, but with my hair being short that would be impossible, but once it gets longer I am gonna go for the 3 times a Year!

JessCNU

yeah I'm ear length too.... well its creeping past the top of my ears. I use to be relaxed bone straight but I stopped that. I waited 8 weeks to relax and when I did my touch up I didn't leave it in long at all so my newgrowth was VERY visible. I think i'm gonna keep doing it this way. I hate that flat to my head look. when I get my hair long enough to put in a ponytail, I will be stretching my relaxers for a few months!

Amerie123

I'm making progress too. After that sew in, i promise, it was like i had a new head of hair on my head. it was great. and it grew, but as my siggy says, my fotki should be up (before the end of the week), and i can finally reveal who amazing is... LOL

tatambabyy

Hello ladies! Well, I finally learned how to style my hair. I simply co wash, dc, then wrap my hair, and then air dry. If I don't feel like airdrying I sit under the dryer. My hair comes out nice and I don't even have to use the flat iron. I'm thinking about getting a half wig for protective styling or maybe micros(my hair grows fast with braids)
what about you ladies?

SignatureBeauty

I wish I could do Braids, but I just can't stand them, I tried wigs, they started itching my head and making my head hot, I had some phony ponys but they were irritating to me LOL!! So now I just do rollersets, I am sure if I had a protective style my hair would grow faster, but I get scared because my neice who gets her hair in braids for like 3months at a time, her hair grows Lovely and it gets all long and thick, but when she stops wearing them for awhile her hair starts to break and shed and not grow as well.

But when she does it again it grows Lovely! I just want mine to grow on it's own LOL!!
I no longer use shampoo I use the Indian Powders for scalp & hair cleanser and then I still use Regular conditioners. so far so good.

SignatureBeauty

yeah I'm ear length too.... well its creeping past the top of my ears. I use to be relaxed bone straight but I stopped that. I waited 8 weeks to relax and when I did my touch up I didn't leave it in long at all so my newgrowth was VERY visible. I think i'm gonna keep doing it this way. I hate that flat to my head look. when I get my hair long enough to put in a ponytail, I will be stretching my relaxers for a few months!

See I am gonna do that as well, once you are able to pull it back you are home free on stretching, Then you don't have to worry about styling to much, What Relaxer you use? or what relaxer any short haired lady on here use? I was thinking of Mizani butter blend.

JessCNU

[/u][/color]
See I am gonna do that as well, once you are able to pull it back you are home free on stretching, Then you don't have to worry about styling to much, What Relaxer you use? or what relaxer any short haired lady on here use? I was thinking of Mizani butter blend.

I just used Silk Elements lye regular. it was OK but I wasnt blown away. I think I'm going to try butter blends next time.

SignatureBeauty

It is expensive, but since I don't want straight hair and it seems to be easy on the scalp I am gonna go for it, maybe when I touch up in December before Christmas.

JessCNU

Hello ladies! Well, I finally learned how to style my hair. I simply co wash, dc, then wrap my hair, and then air dry. If I don't feel like airdrying I sit under the dryer. My hair comes out nice and I don't even have to use the flat iron. I'm thinking about getting a half wig for protective styling or maybe micros(my hair grows fast with braids)
what about you ladies?

That's what I do mostly. except I have to flat iron after it's dry or it just looks straight. I'm only washing once a week though. I had kinky twist in my hair for a few weeks but they got on my nerves lol. I'm supposed to be getting a net weave in a few weeks though so I'll post pics soon!

SignatureBeauty

I know that is horrible, I have been looking for another one that was cheaper, maybe I could add my own shea butter & a touch of honey to another Lye based Relaxer and call it a Day lol!!!!

Stepiphanie

Hey ladies! My hair is coming along pretty well,I'm currently about 6 wks post w/ a little over 1/2" growth.I will get a relaxer this weekend and plan on adding 2 wks to each relaxer stretch as my hair gets longer. I also got a half wig the other day which I plan on wearing this winter.I will get a fotki soon and post pics but my cam broke and I hate blackberry pics!

Happy Hair Growing!!

morehairplease

I know that is horrible, I have been looking for another one that was cheaper, maybe I could add my own shea butter & a touch of honey to another Lye based Relaxer and call it a Day lol!!!!

Hey sweetie,

You could try the SE lye relaxers they have shea butter in them and they are on sale at Sally's this week for $2.99.

hths

SignatureBeauty

Hey sweetie,

You could try the SE lye relaxers they have shea butter in them and they are on sale at Sally's this week for $2.99.

hths

REALLY!!!!! I will give it a try, except my Sally's don't sell Lye based Relaxers, I will go to my BSS and check it out or purchase online.

Thanks Tishee!:grin:

SignatureBeauty

It seems all the good stuff is not available to purchase online, It says In stores Only, I saw it online at parisbeautysupplies.com, and they aren't open for Business yet, it seems they are working to get it up and running, Oh well I will just go to my regular BSS and get it.
Thanks Tishee

Last edited:

tatambabyy

That's what I do mostly. except I have to flat iron after it's dry or it just looks straight. I'm only washing once a week though. I had kinky twist in my hair for a few weeks but they got on my nerves lol. I'm supposed to be getting a net weave in a few weeks though so I'll post pics soon!

what is a net weave? and I can't wait for pics. I saw the pics of the kinky twist. They were niiccceee:yep: Sorry they were so irritating.

JessCNU

Its kinda like a sew in but better IMO. the stylist cornrows your hair like if you were getting a regular sew-in ( whole head or leaving some bang out in the front to blend in). Then they sew a net cap onto your hair with the sew-in thread. My stylist just cuts the net cap to the shape of your head. then they sew the track on the net cap. it works really well for people with short haircuts because the net gives the styles a better base to sew on than just plain braids. Its not a good idea for somebody who has to massage their scalp and put stuff in their hair every day. it last a really long time and can be washed like a regular sew in. Ima see if i can find some pics!

JessCNU

I found a pic of what the net looks like

I also found a link to a salon that had alot of pics of sew-ins and net weaves

http://www.hairstringllc.com/Gallery.html

RegaLady

Short hair lady, hereee! But, I am in braids, now! OP, that is what I do also. Out of curiousity, are you trying to grow your hair out? The cut looks cute on you!!!

RegaLady

JessCNU,

Girl your short cuts are BAD!!!!! I like your twists too but I LOVE a nice precision cut. It looks so polished...in a business suit to jeans and a t-shirt. I guess you just have that face that can wear both.

I have a short bob and I wrestle with growing my hair out but I love the polished look of a short cut.

ITA with everything you said! I am in the process of growing my short hair out, but believe me I may be sticking to the bob. I also LOVEEE the polishness of a short cut!:lick: I knew if I grew my hair out, there may be a huge chance, I would whack it back off:lachen:!

JessCNU

LOL ::::glaring at the scissors::::: I LOVE short hair. I just feel like its me and I love how I look with it but I have this undiscovered side. For so long I just thought there was no way I could ever grow my hair long so why even bother, just concentrate on keeping the short doo tight. there was no way a 4zzz, darkskin girl could ever have long hair:nono: well that way for thinking left a long time ago. I still love my short cuts but I just want to prove to myself that I can have long hair. Long hair to me would be full shoulder length and WHEN i get there you won't be able to tell me NO THING! lol:grin:

RegaLady

LOL ::::glaring at the scissors::::: I LOVE short hair. I just feel like its me and I love how I look with it but I have this undiscovered side. For so long I just thought there was no way I could ever grow my hair long so why even bother, just concentrate on keeping the short doo tight. there was no way a 4zzz, darkskin girl could ever have long hair:nono: well that way for thinking left a long time ago. I still love my short cuts but I just want to prove to myself that I can have long hair. Long hair to me would be full shoulder length and WHEN i get there you won't be able to tell me NO THING! lol:grin:
Awww, well do anything you want. You will look good either way.:yep: I want to discover that side(longer hair), but not as much as most ladies here. That makes me feel a little bad, but I go with how I feel. I guess I take it for granted that I could add tracks at a moments notice.:nono::look: But, I do admire alot of women's hair on the board:lick:.

FeelinIt

how do you guys style your hair? I usually wrap it while wet with some jane carter wrap && roll and sit under the dryer. To maintain it, I wrap my hair every night. I'm in need of new styles though. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Brush it everyday to get my waves to come in right and then put a wig on it!

Well you said SHORT!