For a New Beginning, Forsake the World

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Monday, January 05, 2009 • Print Article
• Leave a Comment
For a New Beginning, Forsake the World
Bishop Keith Butler
By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. Hebrews 11:23 (KJV)
Do you want this new year to be have some new beginnings? Then you're going to have to forsake the world system. The world will bombard you with the easy way out. However, you have to decide that by faith God's way is the only way for you.
Moses is a good example of a man who forsook the world. You see Moses was raised in Pharaoh's house. He was someone of privilege and authority. Yet, he had compassion for his Jewish brethren and killed an Egyptian for beating one and he was driven out of Egypt.
It seemed as though Moses was going to spend the rest of his life in the desert, then God approached him and called him to be the deliverer of His people. But there were some steps that led to Moses having his new beginning:
Verse 24, Moses refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter. In other words, he made a decision that he was not going to accept any benefits by any other means than God. If you're going to have an anointed new beginning, you have to refuse to do it any other way than God's way.
Verse 25, Moses chose to go God's way than enjoy the pleasures of sin. You have to make up your mind that as for me and my house; we choose to serve the Lord. This has to be your attitude even if you don't get blessed--to go God's way.
Verse 26, Moses esteemed God's blessing higher than anything man could give him. His attitude was, I would rather get it all from God and nothing from man. You see, you have to stick to this regardless of what men offer you. Yes, you may have to wait a little longer, but that's all right. If I can't have it God's way, I don't want it period.
Then verse 27, Moses forsook Egypt and followed God. When you decide to follow God, many times you will have to go against the wind. Egypt represents the easy way, the sinful way, and the crowded way. It's the way everybody wants to go. But Moses made a decision, and he did it by faith, that was to forsake Egypt.
Listen, God is about giving you a new beginning, but you have to determine that it's going to be God's way or no way.
Scripture References: John 8:12; 12:25; Matthew 16:26; Mark 4:19

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:thankyou: for sharing this message. I am very blessed by it.

God bless you and Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. :giveheart: