For All the Single Ladies - You are Single no more....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Lawd 'a Mercy. :lachen:

I have another scripture and I'm running with it :cowgirl: for every single woman who desires to be married. And happily married you shall be.

The words in this scripture from Jeremiah 31, just stood out like an arrow each time I read it.

"....A woman shall compass a man".

Granted I KNOW what the entire word is speaking in this book of Jeremiah so I'm not trying to misrepresent the Word of God neither to make a play on words.

HOWEVER ...

It jumped at me again.........and again....... and again.

".... A woman shall compass a man".

:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Ummmmm, so guess what I did.... :sekret:

I went to webster's to look up the word. "compass"

Of all the definitions these are the ones which confirms what I believe is in my spirit about this particular part of Jeremiah's scripture.

Look.................. at ................. This....................

Compass means :

To bring about.....

Accomplishment

Fulfillment

Power to bring about a result

In Effect

Appearance

But look at this one....

Essence: Meaning the permanent as contrasted with the accidental element of being ....

Call me crazy, I don't care. :lol: I'm on a Word Roll today.

God always blesses me with ammo (from His Word) to pray for Marriages (current and Marriages to be).

I'm running with this one. Catch me if you can. :cowgirl: :lol:

:bighug: :grouphug2: :bighug:

Something to pray about and rest your faith upon...

Jehovah Shammah, "God is There"...

God is there with your future husbands; whoever and wherever they are. God is already there -- with them. He has been; long before the foundations of the earth, God knew who they were and where they would be at this time in your lives. Wherever he is, God is there.

Jehovah Rohe, God our Sheppard. Who leads and guides us, into all Truth. He leads us in the paths of Righteousness, for His namesake. God has placed His name and reputation on the line (upon His Blood Covenant) to prove His promises to us.

Therefore, wherever you are supposed to be and when, God will lead and guide you there; 'There' where 'he', your husbands will find you; look upon you and know that he has found a good thing...his wife, his good thing, 'you'.

Be not discouraged, neither be thou dismayed, God is there, all of His provision has been made; for every need even before they arise. Your Bridal Dowry, Bridal Trousseau, awaits, full of riches and joy.

"Fair Maidens, 'You' shall compass, your man. :love3: And he will en'velope you with his whole heart, body and soul. And God will keep you both as the 'Apple of His Eye."

In Jesus' Name, I pray with all of my heart for you, Amen and Amen. :giveheart:

You shall compass, your man. For, God is your 'Compass' and your Leader and your guide. He is the Bright and Morning Star which guides the vessels in the night. The vessels, meaning you; the night, meaning the seasons when you've wondered 'who' and when and how.

Fair and Beautiful Maidens, you shall compass, your man. The Leader, the Compass is our Lord God All Mighty.

Amen ?????

Amen :yep:

Catch me if you can... I wayyyyy, ahead with this. :cowgirl:

Last edited:
wait for me, let me come along with my verses too.

"The man said, ‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called “woman,” for she was taken out of man.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh"

For thy Maker is thy husband; Jehovah of hosts is his name: and the Holy One of Israel is thy Redeemer; the God of the whole earth shall he be called.

wait for me, let me come along with my verses too.

"The man said, ‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called “woman,” for she was taken out of man.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh"

For thy Maker is thy husband; Jehovah of hosts is his name: and the Holy One of Israel is thy Redeemer; the God of the whole earth shall he be called.

:amen: :clapping: :amen: :clapping: :amen: :clapping: :amen:

Keep them coming, Super Nova. It's the 'Word' that's going to bring these prayers forth, in Jesus' Name.

It's time for God to have His platform and do as He has promised. Fulfill the desires of the hearts of women who wish to love and be loved and to be happily married.

Thank you so much for sharing the Word of God, here. :thankyou:

:bighug: I'm gonna' run with them, too. :cowgirl:

Thank you, Super Nova, Keep it flowing, Beautiful Lady.... :kiss:

"He that will come, shall come and will not tarry..."

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

now this might seem like an inapproapriate verse because of it's context within Eve's punishment. But it speaks about her desire for her husband in contrast with the fact that she must submit to him, which ordinarily would be a hard thing to do. . .oh, but God has made a way for it to be easy...

Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.

Last edited:

I've been pondering this all day. I'm honestly begging you all for someone to enlighten me. When I read that scripture it seems like the writer is discussing Israel or the children of Israel or something.

I found a commentary here and it discusses a female (only a woman) and not a wife encompassing a male child not a husband/mate. And as it relates to this passage specifically Jesus or the Messiah.
"[n@qebah ( hbqn )] literally ""A female ('one who is only a woman, not a wife, namely a virgin,' says Cocceius) shall encompass a man,"" or a male child: comp. Job 3:3. Which, together with the addition of a new creation, may well be understood to denote the miraculous conception. Hence the Jews have applied it determinately to the Messiah. In Bera****h Rabba, (Parash 89) it is said, that as God punished Israel in a virgin, so would he also heal; and in Midrash Tillim, on Psalm 2, R. Huna, in the name of R. Idi, speaking of the sufferings of the Messiah, says, that when his hour is come, God shall say, ""I must create him with a new creation; and so he saith, This day I have begotten thee."" Gen 3:15; Isa 7:14; Mat 1:21; Luk 1:34,35; Gal 4:4"

And another commentary here.
But the Christian fathers (Augustine, &c.) almost unanimously interpreted it of the Virgin Mary compassing Christ in her womb.

So I'm wondering Shimmie if you are saying that unmarried women should just keep heart or if you are saying a wife will surround her husband. I'm not understanding. You guys mind breaking it down to me like "Bible for Dummies" (aka me in this thread) or something so that I get what you are saying?

LOLOLLOLOLOLOL @ the profanity filter.

Bera****h Rabba = B.e.r.a.s.h.i.t.h Rabba

I may have to never mind that last post. I re-read the OP (again and again) and the OP said she was embracing the dictionary definition of compass not the biblical interpretation or meaning.
Granted I KNOW what the entire word is speaking in this book of Jeremiah so I'm not trying to misrepresent the Word of God neither to make a play on words.
HOWEVER ...
I went to webster's to look up the word. "compass"
Of all the definitions these are the ones which confirms what I believe is in my spirit about this particular part of Jeremiah's scripture.

So that said, I think that I now compass (to comprehend; to grasp, as with the mind) what you are saying Shimmie: (repeating and paraphrasing to see if I understand you correctly) that you know that is not what the word is saying or means, it is just what you believe it means to your spirit apart from the word.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

now this might seem like an inapproapriate verse because of it's context within Eve's punishment. But it speaks about her desire for her husband in contrast with the fact that she must submit to him, which ordinarily would be a hard thing to do. . .oh, but God has made a way for it to be easy...

Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
Love it.... :yep:

Here's one of my favorites from Hosea 2:

18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

19 ... And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

20... I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;

22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.

23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and

I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

This is a beautiful translation as well, which always blesses my heart when I read it.

I will take you for my wife, forever, I will take ;you for my wife in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy.

I will take you for my wife in fruitfulness, and you shall know the Lord.

All my life as a Believer, I have never been forsaken by God's promises and how He speaks to me in His word. I simply take Him for what He speaks to my heart. It always, always, always, comes to past.

In the bolded above, how many women feel that they have not obtained mercy, in their desire to be loved and happily married. God knows I've been there. And I understand more and more how it feels when it seems that love comes to others, but not unto me. Yet... love DOES INDEED come and it will for those who have felt forsaken and forgotten.

Don't give up hope. Love does and will come... it will. It is God's will for you to be married. It's how He began human creation... Adam and Eve, Man and Wife.

The man shall leave father and mother and cleave unto his wife...forever; as Bone of his Bone and Flesh of his Flesh.
Forsaking all others; for whom God hath joined together, let no man put assunder.

To Him, be all honor and praise, forever and ever, Amen.

Keep it coming Angel... God is indeed speaking to our hearts.

Last edited:
I may have to never mind that last post. I re-read the OP (again and again) and the OP said she was embracing the dictionary definition of compass not the biblical interpretation or meaning.

So that said, I think that I now compass (to comprehend; to grasp, as with the mind) what you are saying Shimmie: (repeating and paraphrasing to see if I understand you correctly) that you know that is not what the word is saying or means, it is just what you believe it means to your spirit apart from the word.
Thanks, Darlin'. :yep:

Apart from the word? ....... No. :nono:

This is how God speaks to me and His word has never failed me. The dictionary is merely a tool of comprehension of words and vocabulary be it from the Bible or paperback novel.

Last edited:
Lawd 'a Mercy. :lachen:

North, South, East or West? I'ma going go COMPASS me a husband...beginning in prayer lolol!

I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Shimmie, always, you are very sweet! From your fingertips to G-d's ears.:yep:

Last edited:
I've been pondering this all day. I'm honestly begging you all for someone to enlighten me. When I read that scripture it seems like the writer is discussing Israel or the children of Israel or something.

I found a commentary here and it discusses a female (only a woman) and not a wife encompassing a male child not a husband/mate. And as it relates to this passage specifically Jesus or the Messiah.

So I'm wondering Shimmie if you are saying that unmarried women should just keep heart or if you are saying a wife will surround her husband. I'm not understanding. You guys mind breaking it down to me like "Bible for Dummies" (aka me in this thread) or something so that I get what you are saying?

In Jewish tradition, PARSHA, on many levels of meaning. It could apply, absolutely.

Okay, I'm just reading through this. :yep:

The Word of God, Always, Always, Always has one meaning......

but many applications.

God speaks to us through His word and He always will. This isn't something that can be explained in words or dialogue after dialogue. It simply has to be lived. I've lived it and I still live it.

It's too late for anyone to cast doubt or to even 'challenge' my faith and how God deals with me. I live in His Word day after day, and this is where and how He speaks to me.

It never fails, God speaks to my heart throughout His word. Each time I have a Word, that captures my heart, I've never failed to see it come to pass.

My God, My God, My God......If I could ONLY tell of the many 'Words' that I've received and watched the Miracles of God's Promises to follow.

Glory!

Family and friends, prayer requests from strangers; There have been muliple healings; deliverances from drugs and alchol. Marriages healed; people getting married; bondages broken.

Most recently, my cousin's husband watched a cancerous tumor shrink before his eyes.

Too many to tell in a forum thread. They'll be in my book entitled:

"I Believe God..." :love2:

Last edited:

North, South, East or West? I'ma going go COMPASS me a husband...beginning in prayer lolol!

Shimmie, always, you are very sweet! From your fingertips to G-d's ears.:yep:
:lachen: I LOVVVVVVVVE that compass!

Too cute and so classy, just like you..... :bighug:

It's uplifting to be reading this post, because I was just having a round table discussing with my family, and I was telling them lately I've been wondering is it really meant for me to have a husband. It seem like the men in my life are so far from what my husband will be it's just disheartening at times. I mean I have this image and this strong vision of what he will be, but it seems so unattainable(not the word I'm looking for)
But I will contine to pray and grow in the Lord, and walk the path..and not settle for less!

Thanks, Darlin'. :yep:

Apart from the word? ....... No. :nono:

This is how God speaks to me and His word has never failed me. The dictionary is merely a tool of comprehension of words and vocabulary be it from the Bible or paperback novel.

LOL I get it. :yep: I still like your tub & hate flats LOL

LOL I get it. :yep: I still like your tub & hate flats LOL

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

5Stars.... Girl, I HAVE to tell you this. And no woman who wants to get married should be caught in what I am about to share with you.

The other day I was leaving the Galleria (Shopping Mall); as I was walking towards the escalator, I could hear someone behind me and I knew that they were walking in heels. The woman passed me, but OMGoodness! She was wearing at least 4 1/2 inch stilettos and get this.............

Both of her feet were running way, way, way, WAYYYYYYY over the opposite sides of her heels. She COULDN"T walk in those shoes. :lachen:

The high heels were so run over, that they actually looked like a 'V' shaped formation instead of a straight vertical line in the back. The heels were also very, thin that I thought they were going to break; and I was so tempted to take a picture with my camera phone and send it to you as a 'gift'.....:lachen::lachen::lachen:in a frame.

5 Stars......... it was bad. :nono: :lachen: And I thought about you and your disdain :lol: for flat shoes.

Blessings angel... :giveheart:

:lachen: sorry, Shimmie: I hate the FLOTUS' flats! :laugh: and I abhor run over shoes :nono: of any heel length - you should have taken that photo! :yep:

Shimmie, you are such a woman of God. I will be at the wedding.:grin:

Last edited:
Shimmie, you are such a woman of God. I will be at the wedding.:grin:
Hey Bright and Shining Star.... :kiss:

I will be at your wedding too, precious lady.

Abundant Blessings to you, Precious Handmaiden of the Lord... :love2:

thanks so much shimmie you will be a guest of honor at my wedding
Beautiful Bride, I am honored. :kiss:

The blessings of the Lord are upon your and upon the heart of your 'husband'.... Yes, your husband. :yep: :love2:

Back