For Former and Current Transitioners...(???)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
For former and current transitioners... how did/do you wear your hair to work or your job when you started to get more and more new growth? I plan on cutting my relaxed ends off two years from now. I will start working at a regional accounting firm January 3. By then, I will have 3 months of new growth plus a few months of underprocessed hair. I was wondering if wash 'n go (in a bun, ponytail, or scrunched-look) and braid-outs were okay to wear in a professional environment. I don't want to have to blow-dry my hair straight all the time just to have it straight. What do you guys think? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

alibi

hair bored
At the beginning of my transition, I flat ironed my new growth and wrapped my hair, but as I got around 4-5 inches of new growth, buns became my staple, and they still are. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I get bored with it a lot, but it's very easy and low maintenance. I just CO wash in the morning, add some oil and gel, and pull it back into a bun. I personally think braidouts are too funky for my workplace, even though I love the way they look on my hair. I think it all depends on your workplace and what you're comfortable with. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Poohbear

Yeah, I might wait on the braid-outs until I master them and until my hair gets longer. I guess I'll mostly put my hair in a bun and change the position of it occasionally. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I may even add some tendrils in the front of something or have half of my hair up in a bun and the back down. I don't know! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I wore braidout updos most of my transition with the occasional bun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might do this too since sometimes my hair doesn't look right when I wear my braidout down because my ends will look dry and frizzy sometimes. But I have a big head too! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tai

At work, I normally wear phonytails or my own ponytail. On rare occasions, I will rock a wash n go at work. I work in a corporate environment but you see a variety of hairstyles here. I do get a lot of attention when my hair is down but that's because it's down so infrequently.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Buns, buns and more buns!
But I noticed my sides started thinning out a bit so lately I've been doing twists and putting them back. I've also done braid outs and just put them up.

At the beginning I flat ironed my new growth and wore buns. Now its cornrows under a wig, but somtimes i just do a braid out to give my hair a break from cornrows.

chocolate01

I am a former transitioner and I wore my hair in rollersets all the time. Also you could try some flexi rods (that is if you think a spiral curl set is appropriate for your workplace). Also I second what hairlove said about the braidout updos or one stlye that I liked alot-I would two strand twist my hair and set it on flexi rods and wear it that way for a couple of days or you could make that a nice sophistacated updo. You can check out my album and see my flexi rod set and i'll see if I can get some pictures of the other hairstyle I described some time next week.

Country gal

Good question. This problem area was a source of frustration for me. I have two different textures and it is hard finding a hairstyle that works well with both textures. Today I look really good with my bun. I put a part in the middle and slicked it back after a conditioner wash. It looks really nice. I sported a wig for a month while wearing Ms. Cealy from the color purple plaits which helped my hair get very healhy. I also roller set which usually lasts two days. I also blowdry and flat iron but not too often. I think a really way to wear your hair is in braids.

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
chocolate01 said:
I am a former transitioner and I wore my hair in rollersets all the time. Also you could try some flexi rods (that is if you think a spiral curl set is appropriate for your workplace). Also I second what hairlove said about the braidout updos or one stlye that I liked alot-I would two strand twist my hair and set it on flexi rods and wear it that way for a couple of days or you could make that a nice sophistacated updo. You can check out my album and see my flexi rod set and i'll see if I can get some pictures of the other hairstyle I described some time next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i've seen your album before. your flexi rod set was cute! u need to post more! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway, that's what I was going to plan on doing was rollersets but I'm not able to get my roots straight enough for my rollerset to look decent. I'll have to have someone else like my sister to do the rollerset for me and she's not always available. I'm not good with twists. But I will probably do those braidout updos that u and hairlove suggested. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for sharing!