New transitioners!!

ChasingBliss

Checking in as well...

My last relaxer was January 20, 2008. I had all along planned to relax again by my birthday this month but have since changed my mind. I was stretching relaxers every 4 months for a couple of years now. I think I am ready to make another attempt (my second) at transitioning. Especially since it appears that my new growth (since taking Omega 3 6 9 and other dietary changes) has softened and my wave pattern has lengthened. Also, because I know so much more about my hair...I cannot even fathom putting chemicals on it now.

May 20 with make me 4 months in.

I must shout out the two posters who have been on my mind the most in making this decision.

Flowerhair and Chchelle (sp? sorry) I've been so inspired by the fullness of their hair. Thick and healthy to the very ends.

I realized that I would never have full ends if I continued to relax and that was very important to me. What's the use of having waist lenth hair if only 15 strands are touching your waist and you have to keep trimming. And I guess I wasnt even relaxing properly....some parts of my hair appear texlaxed while others are bone straight. Well now, it will all be free.

I've also been encouraged by friends who feel I dont even need to relax my hair....shoot as if anyone does, I suppose :ohwell:.

silvergirl

i was fully natural just a couple months ago, now im in the process of transitioining again due to a color mishap :(

last relaxer was march 22 2008, so i have a long way to go before i get back to where i was.

Soul♥Flower

I'm bald sooo..... :ohwell:
I've been natural many times since 1999 and I'm still not strong enough to do the whole transition thing.
Applaud to those who can hang -tough!:grin:

Anyway, can someone bump the transitioners support thread? I can't get the dag on search to work :wallbash:
I need some product suggestions for my shorty-doo-wop.

Thanks and Good Luck!

Jada

I've been transitioning since August 2007. Last time I flat-ironed was a few weeks ago because I had to renew my license and I didn't want to wear a bun (license came out great and it was windy as heck that day!) I don't plan on using heat for a while, I just wash/condtion, air dry, use moisturizer, maybe some gel and wear a puff. It's working for me, my hair is at APL when straight.

Last edited:

FAMUDva

I'm checking in... my last chemical was 12/12! So far so good. I purchased a Chi at the start of the year and have been pressing my hair at home every couple of weeks. Teamed with braidouts here and there. I plan to let my mom cornrow my hair this weekend and hopefully that will hold me for at least 2 wks.

This is about the time when I started back relaxing the last time I tried to transition. I haven't checked length in a while because I don't want to be discouraged. I did get a trim about 2 wks ago and know that I'm just shy of APL again!!!! But my ends were thin and I HATE thin ends, so I'll settle for being APL for a long while as I grow my relaxer out.

Christa438

Hey everybody!
nice thread. New transitioner checkin in. Im so excited about it too. My NG was so thick and coily, Im curious to know my head covered in that will look like. and Im glad about having more healthy hair.

_belle

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey girls! :grin: I think i might be transitioning. I haven't had a relaxer since december 28th. I've been goin thru it tryin to decide what I am goin to do with it for graduation. But I've been doin the norm, avoidin heat like the plague, lots of cowashing, and I have been rollersetting and just lettin the curls do their thing for 2 days. I have been wearin a lot of pin up type things. I just cut of my raggedy ends about 3 weeks ago. but I think I am officially going to transition because now I see my little coils in the mirror, and I am just so excited. :lachen:I like lookin at them. I like touchin them. I like showin them to people. they make me giddy. :drunk:

PassionFruit

I dont know what Im doing... I was natural.. regrettably texlaxed in February 08..
I planned to stretch 12 weeks but now that Im there, my NG really isnt bad... I dont plan on doing anything with my hair for the summer but co-was, DC airdry in a ponytail.... so unless I see breakage, I guess Im stretching at least 8 more weeks...

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I have not relaxed since January 19, 2008. I am happy with my decision to transition to natural. I tried to transition in 2004 and it was horrible because i was so uneduacted and I assumed it would be easy. WRONG!! i quickly reverted back to relaxing within four months. now I'm at my 4 month mark and i've never been happier.