New transitioners!!

Anancy

I want to get a roll call on all those who have started out transitioning.
I've been transitioning for 8 months and im only just working out a regime to make sure i get optimum health in my new growth.

Because im excited about the decision i made to go natural, im excited about all the other ladies who have decided to do the same thing. I know there's a few of you out there which is why im calling you all out.

I could look in the transitioners support thread, but i want to know about the new transitioners so we can check on each others progress, support and encourage each other through the journey

candiel

Hi Anancy:) Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a new transitioner also, I have been transitioning for four months now.

Proudpiscean

I started transitioning back in July! I do lots of CW, don't use any heat, and wear my hair in a bun pretty much every day (I'm sick of the bun :lol:). I plan to transition for another year or so because I don't want short hair. HHG :)

Last edited:

londontresses

I not 150% sure if I'm going through with it but I havent relaxed since Aug. I'll prob decide once I get some length, take my hair out of plaits etc and have to deal with my hair on a daily basis. :perplexed

dicapr

I'm six months post. I plan to chop no earlier than a year, but I am aiming for 18 months-about 9 inches when I do chop.

myrland

this is my second time trying to go natural :ohwell:
the first time around i was just too uneducated. i didn't really listen to what my hair was telling me. plus i didn't really do my research online or otherwise.
as of now my hair is in braids and i'm sticking to that routine.
every 2 months i'll get them rebraided and while i'm in braids i deep condition 2x a week, i take my vitamins + drink plenty of water, and i also use other growth aids.

good luck to all who are going through their transition.:D

Anancy

Good luck to everyone transitioning. I know for me im looking forward to a nice thick afro puff, i saw one girl today with a beautiful puff, can't wait until that is me.

I've decided im going to try to hide my hairin extentions and weaves, shampoo and deep condition twice a month and cw twice a month. Eat right, drink water and exercise. Moisterise of course and just basically keep it simple.

Shalilac

I'm only 3 mths post. I have been natural several times before. This will be my first time transitioning with short hair. So by the time transition is over, I can give advice on transitioning almost from every angle, LOL. Anyways, I am wearing yarn braids until April 1st. Not sure what I'll do after that. Knowing me... probably chop! :yep: Good luck Ladies!

jellynote

candiel said:
Hi Anancy:) Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a new transitioner also, I have been transitioning for four months now.

My last relaxer was Sept. 1, 2006, but unfortuately I had to do the BC due a bad hair cut. So I'm a new transitioner as well. :)

Anancy

jellynote said:
My last relaxer was Sept. 1, 2006, but unfortuately I had to do the BC due a bad hair cut. So I'm a new transitioner as well. :)

The BC is not a bad thing, now you can start afresh. Im not brave to do the BC, im going to let my hair grow out a bit more, otherwise i wouldn't know what to do with it.

Good luck with the hair growing!!!

Jenaee

Hey everyone. I'm transitioning as well. My last relaxer was May 6th 2006 so I'm in my 7th month of transition. I'm trying to make it to 18 months before I chop.

nikipovi

Hi everyone!!!!!!! My last relaxer was April '06. This is just something that I decided to do because I got tired of getting relaxers. I just didn't realize how hard this would be. I am terrified of doing the BC because I have never had short hair before.

bluediamond0829

well im only 2 months into my transition....and im coming out of a short do...so right now im undecided on what to do with my hair and looking probbly to get a sew in or braids to help me with my transition...my last relaxer was on November 15, 2006...

CreoleBelle

I've been transitioning for the past 3 months, and I hope to do the BC in 8.5 months if I have a decent length. I'm so excited. I can't wait. I've been getting my hair flat ironed every 2-3 weeks because my relaxed hair is so tangled. I hardly ever used direct heat before, but this seems to be the only thing I can do to manage the two textures. Any suggestions would be appreciated:D .

LoveLiLi

I've just started transitioning, I got my last relaxer at the beginning of September. I successfully grew out my first relaxer, but that was easy because I was young and my mom was in charge of that project.

I ended up relaxing my hair again a few years later and I attempted to grow my relaxer out ~ four years ago, but got frustrated after ten months [and after a strange experience with Naturalaxer (sp?)]. I should have known not to trust a website that had a 'nap-o-meter' :lol: .

Anyway, I'm serious this time around. No relaxers/texturizers etc. I've already started having dreams about my long, natural hair (if this sounds a little crazy, just blame the MSM).

Last edited:

SSBD

I have been transitioning for about 4 and 1/2 months now. I have kinky twist right now so i can stop playing in my hair. Sometimes i get scared about the BC becuase i'm not sure how i would look with a TWA, but i would rather just get it out the way because i don't want to have to deal with the two textures and plus i'm praying that it grows back thicker.

saratess

bluediamond0829 said:
well im only 2 months into my transition....and im coming out of a short do...so right now im undecided on what to do with my hair and looking probbly to get a sew in or braids to help me with my transition...my last relaxer was on November 15, 2006...

Bluediamond I am a month and half along and with a below the ear bob. So maybe we can be transitioning partners. Right now I am rocking cornrows with a phonybun. I did the big chop a couple of years ago and then 4 months later went back to the relaxer. I will not BC again because it was not for me. Trying to go a year or more before I chop. Good luck ladies.

bluediamond0829

saratess said:
Bluediamond I am a month and half along and with a below the ear bob. So maybe we can be transitioning partners. Right now I am rocking cornrows with a phonybun. I did the big chop a couple of years ago and then 4 months later went back to the relaxer. I will not BC again because it was not for me. Trying to go a year or more before I chop. Good luck ladies.

that'll be great @ being transitioning partners...i just went and got a sewn done yesterday so i'll be wearing this for awhile...this will definetly fit me right in with the challenges for weaves and dont show your hair until April(i think thats the month)....but im excited about it since yesterday i saw my new stylist sewn and how her hair in the front looked and also Whipz hair is natural and it looks very beautiful..and hopefully getting sewns will help me with my transition even more....

aziza

My last relaxer was in august. I have been natural couple of times before but I always end up relaxin again. It seems like i'm never happy with my hair. Hopefully this time there will be no turning back.

Angkin73

Good luck on your transition. I did the BC in 2 mths ago. I had a few sprigs of relaxer left and trimmed those off at the end of last month. I had thought about going natural for months and went back to relaxers twice. My hair was so damaged that I finally got tired of trying to deal with the breakage, so I chopped it off one night. So I guess I by passed the whole transition period. I love my natural hair, but it is a fight not to go out and get the relaxer. I had great results for years with them and the only reason my hair started breaking off was a bad self dye job. I don't ever plan to go back tho. I can't wait to wear some AFRO PUFFS!!!

brownsugarbaby

I am only about 4 1/2 months into my transition. SSBD we should be transition buddies!!!! I'm about to get a sew in for the summer months so i can stay out my hair and be comfortable in the heat. I am terrified of the BC because i think i have a big head. So I'll be transitioning for 1yr to 1 yr 1/2.

blasiancurlie

i'm also a 4 1/2 month transitioner. i did a mini chop a couple of weeks ago, cut about 3-4 inches off so I'm SL length now. plan to BC in Dec if I have the length I'm comfortable with.