? fOr individual braid wearers...

MyNameIsCiara

The length of my hair used tO stOp at the middle of my back but I recently had my damaged ends cutt off (from heat)...
I want tO grOw it out and decided to braid my hair in individuals with synthetic hair. How lOng dO yall keep them in and whats your resting periOds (allow hair tO rest)?
And alsO hOw often dO yOu wash yO braids and what dO yOu put on them?

Thank Youuuuuuu!
grin.gif

If you really want to wash your braids (some people actually use shampoo) then it would be best to use human hair for braiding instead of synthetic. Some people use Witch Hazel or even rubbing alcohol but others think that is drying for the hair. If your braids are really tiny then they will last a little bit longer-most keep them in 2 months-but I have kept mine in for as long as 3-4 months with braid touch-ups in between for the front area. It's all about how you take care of the braids while they are to prevent breakage when you take them out.

You're welcome. I would also suggest once you get the braids in to use some kind of moisturizing braid spray..but the last time I used Shea Butter scalp lotion and Nature's shine both by Organic Root stimulator to keep the braids moisturized..they also make an herbal cleanse to cleanse the braids without actually shampooing but I didn't care much for that. I cleansed the braids using rubbing alcohol on a q-tip but you can use witch hazel to cleanse if you don't want to shampoo just make sure you moisturize afterwards. Speaking of braids, its about time I take mine out.

Hi!
I know you;ve gotten some help on the matter- just wanted to post my braids regimen:
I wear synthetic individuals, and I've actually never kept them in for longer than 5 weeks (I get tired of them) but you can keep them up to 2 months (recommended maximum). Afterwards it is usually several months before I wear them again, but I would say give yourself at least 1-2 months resting period.
I would cleanse my scalp with an astringent every week (Clean & Clear), and moisturize with a braid spray every day (African pride).
Good luck!

I braid my hair with synthetic kanekelon(sp) hair.I usually keep my braids in for six weeks but am planning to go for 2 months this time. I only give my hair a two to four week rest before i braid it again. I shampoo my hair every two weeks but cleanse my scalp every three days with ORS herbal cleanse.
I spray my hair with Better braids spray(everyday), Aubrey organics Sea Buckthorn leave in conditioner, and infusium 23. Whenever i take out my braids after following this regime, my hair is sooooo soft and with little to no build up.

Back