For Ladies That Get One Inch Per Month

Candycane044

Hi Ladies,

I've been seeing a lot of people saying that they get one inch per month using growth aids or just naturally. I'm wondering has anyone successfully grown and retained 8+ inches in a year? If so, what did you do to contribute to your success? I'm just wondering if the one inch a month is a consistent thing or happens every other month etc. I know when I was using both MTG and MT consistently I did get one inch a month but I couldn't retain the length. TIA!

Dymmeonds

Hi Ladies,

I've been seeing a lot of people saying that they get one inch per month using growth aids or just naturally. I'm wondering has anyone successfully grown and retained 8+ inches in a year? If so, what did you do to contribute to your success? I'm just wondering if the one inch a month is a consistent thing or happens every other month etc. I know when I was using both MTG and MT consistently I did get one inch a month but I couldn't retain the length. TIA!

Umm...I get about an inch a month naturally. Growth itself has never really been my problem, but now retention is because I took my hair for granted A LOT. Thinking about it...before my first year of college I cut my hair to chin length and when I came home for the next summer (9 months I guess) I was a little past APL and a little above BSL. Now that I think about it...I did not relax my hair much while I was in school, actually twice that I can remember. Constantly washed, conditioned and braided out. I went to a predominantly caucasian and asian school and there weren't any salon's that handled our hair. I actually had a cute side gig charging the other black ladies $5 per service (relax, cut, color, cornrow, etc.). I would say it must have been conditioning and lack of manipulation.

I REALLY hope this helps...:ohwell:

Candycane044

Ooooh Good Question!! Why couldnt you retain? Not enough moisture, protein, too much manipulation? Just wondering

I used to get braids all the time and I wasn't moisturizing all of my hair, just my scalp and the new growth. I was getting all this wonderful growth but wasn't seeing it length wise!

ETA: Dymmeonds that was helpful! Thanks for responding.

Last edited:

cutiepiebabygirl

I get about an inch a month naturally... like dymmeonds...my problem has always been retention...my hair is really fine and fragile...which means almost anything will break it....

I was a little past SL in May this year...and got some micros..and this girl did not braid my hair all the way down and i ended up with 4 1/2 inches cut off! I was a little above Chin Length-layered...and my hair grew to SL by October this year..My siggy pic is from 11/12/2008 this year....Not sure how long I am now...I'm 7 wks post. But my key to retention has been keeping my ends moisturized ( with hawaiian silky 14 in 1 , sealing with qhemet hydrating balm)...co-washing even in the winter...and keeping my hair up! Buns break my hair...so i wear braids outs...but i use an elastic headband...to keep it from touching my shoulders, neck, clothes...or i use magic hair pins ( love them!) to pin my hair up. HTH :yep::yep:

nakialovesshoes

Bumping...I'm very interested in this. I would like 2 know what is the least inexpensive way 2 obtain 1 inch per month b/c I'm really fighting spending money on OCT.

Casarela

This month is my one year mark since Big chopping and yes I did grow at LEAST 8 inches throughout the year and still manage to get a big trim and still have lenght.

Was my hair growth constant? I dont think so because throughout the process of growing my hair at times I was like ...it seems my hair is not growing than the next month a growth spurt . I felt like it was a Yo-Yo up and down on and on. I don't think I pampered my hair the way it deserved to be. However, I did for quite a good time wear protective styles ( braids) and maintain a clean scalp and I think it helped tremendously.

Do I think MT was worth it? Yes because when I was consistent with MT thats when I noticed a MEGA growth spurt. Do I give it all the credit for my hair lenght throughtout the yr? no since I only used it consistently for a month and a half .

Was it the vitamins? I think it did help in the long run for my health as well although I was only taking them on a regular basis for about 7 months.

My main issue is retention, not growth wether im using growth aids or not. So my best bet is always protective styling!

Candycane044

I get about an inch a month naturally... like dymmeonds...my problem has always been retention...my hair is really fine and fragile...which means almost anything will break it....

I was a little past SL in May this year...and got some micros..and this girl did not braid my hair all the way down and i ended up with 4 1/2 inches cut off! I was a little above Chin Length-layered...and my hair grew to SL by October this year..My siggy pic is from 11/12/2008 this year....Not sure how long I am now...I'm 7 wks post. But my key to retention has been keeping my ends moisturized ( with hawaiian silky 14 in 1 , sealing with qhemet hydrating balm)...co-washing even in the winter...and keeping my hair up! Buns break my hair...so i wear braids outs...but i use an elastic headband...to keep it from touching my shoulders, neck, clothes...or i use magic hair pins ( love them!) to pin my hair up. HTH :yep::yep:

I've had that happen to me with micro braids as well...I've now opted not to get braids for a long time.

Thanks for the advice!
This month is my one year mark since Big chopping and yes I did grow at LEAST 8 inches throughout the year and still manage to get a big trim and still have lenght.

Was my hair growth constant? I dont think so because throughout the process of growing my hair at times I was like ...it seems my hair is not growing than the next month a growth spurt . I felt like it was a Yo-Yo up and down on and on. I don't think I pampered my hair the way it deserved to be. However, I did for quite a good time wear protective styles ( braids) and maintain a clean scalp and I think it helped tremendously.

Do I think MT was worth it? Yes because when I was consistent with MT thats when I noticed a MEGA growth spurt. Do I give it all the credit for my hair lenght throughtout the yr? no since I only used it consistently for a month and a half .

Was it the vitamins? I think it did help in the long run for my health as well although I was only taking them on a regular basis for about 7 months.

My main issue is retention, not growth wether im using growth aids or not. So my best bet is always protective styling!

Thanks for your response! I think a lot of people underestimate how important this is, including myself.