For naturals that twist, how do you keep your roots moisturized?

Sugarhoneyicetea

I'm not sure if I've over looked suggestions but I'm experiencing dry roots and would like suggestions for keeping my roots moisturzied. I'm a natural 4a and wear my hair in twists under wigs through the week. I've noticed lately my roots tend to get pretty dry, I use shea butter to moisten them daily but the manipulation makes my twists loose so I would prefer a spray to use daily to keep my roots moisturized. Does anyone use a spray or have any suggestions, even if a product other than shea butter?

Ronnieaj

I twist in rows, so I lift each row and put spray conditioner on them, typically followed by an oil blend in an applicator bottle (currently Afroveda Shikakai Hair Oil). Then I massage. That helps prevent excessive manipulation for me.

Sugarhoneyicetea

Thank you, I was considering trying Afroveda Shikakai Hair Oil, I've seen good reviews for this on the board. I just want to make sure I combat this dryness to prevent any breakage:perplexed

mscocoface

I created a homemade spray that has some SCurl product in it.

Then somedays I just let the shower spray hit it and then put Hairveda 24/7 moisture cream on the roots.

Other days just put some water in there.

I try to make sure I don't pile on the product especially if I am going 2-4 days without cowashing.

FindingMe

I use Karen's Body Beautiful hair oil. I run down parts and under twists and then i put all over my hands and smooth down all twists. Gives me a nice sheen and keeps my scalp from getting dry. I usually do at night and cover with a silk scarf and my hair has absorbed most of the oil by the morning ('cause it's mostly jojoba I think) and twists and roots have a nice sheen.

Sugarhoneyicetea

Thank you all, Hairveda and Karen's body are on my list to try to, I'll going to look into those as well. Thank you all for your suggestions, I think with my wearing a wig during a day that absorbs most of the oil I put in my hair so these will be great to try daily.