For the ladies who don't wear wigs, weaves or braided extensions....

1.How long is your hair?
For the most part shoulder length, the front is a tad shorter at chin/neck length.

2. How do you normally wear your hair? What style? Since starting my HHJ I've been doing twist and bantu knot outs. Recently I've decided to bun for the colder months to help protect my ends from the harsher fabrics and hopefully retain more length. I still wear twist outs from time to time. At most 2 days out the week if I have a job interview or job applications to go a fill out.

3. Do you have any problems retaining length?
I think since my hair is at a point where it is always on my shoulders it takes a toll on my ends. Though I stopped relaxing my hair years ago I was still not taking care of it properly which lead to extensive heat damage. So my curl pattern is a lot looser throughout most of my hair (my new growth since my HHJ started has a tighter curl pattern) This leaves me with minimal shrinkage, so whether my hair is straightened or natural I fear for my ends due to my current length. (When I first got my ends trimmed a considerable amount had to be taken off so my hair wasn't coming in contact with the fabric of my clothing as much and I didn't see any issues with retention.)

4. How often do you go to the salon?
Once every 8 weeks to get steamed, trimmed, if necessary, to get a professionals opinion on my progress and just to have a break from me having to do all the work! (and recently I got my hair professionally dyed as well)

5. Do you find it hard to protective style without the aid of wigs, weave and braids?
YES! which is why I generally don't do it. My hair is thick but my strands are fine, so my twists/braids aren's plump like other women's and I don't like it. Plus I'm a bit styling challenged and I don't want to depend on someone else to have to rebraid/twist my hair all the time. As for weaves/braid extensions etc... you can forget about it. I have no idea how to upkeep those things and I'm not at a point where I'd like to learn.

1. How long is your hair? Just a smidgen past full APL in back, but growing out full bangs and those reach to my top lip.

2. How do you normally wear your hair? What style? Dry/moisturized Bantu knots overnight in order to obtain loose curls and waves. Then I usually do a top knot or some wild and curly wavy updo with a hair clip or barrettes, depending on how the set turned out. I like the romantic/wild looks.

3. Do you have any problems retaining length? Yep, I have very fine strands and love ponytails. I REALLY need to let those go.

4. How often do you go to the salon? Not at all. I don't think I need to. If I did, I would.

5. Do you find it hard to protective style without the aid of wigs, weave and braids? Wearing my own hair is less time consuming and less expensive. I'm just too busy for all that.

1. How long is your hair?
Around mid-back...just cut an inch of dry, scraggly ends.

2. How do you normally wear your hair? What style?
Down curly....In a loose ball with ends tucked away from the air while at home.

3. Do you have any problems retaining length? No

4. How often do you go to the salon? Never

5. Do you find it hard to protective style without the aid of wigs, weave and braids? No

APL...an inch or so from BSB.

Two strand twists worn in loose pony tail or bun.

Not really.

I don't because I manage my hair fairly well.

5. Do you find it hard to protective style without the aid of wigs, weave and braids?

No. My hair is long enough for me to tuck away the ends when I put it in a bun, ponytail or updo...

How long is your hair?
HL

How do you normally wear your hair? What style?
Buns

Do you have any problems retaining length?
No, but I’m a slow grower

How often do you go to the salon?
Never

Do you find it hard to protective style without the aid of wigs, weave and braids?
In the end it’s about the same-I wore a wig for 2 yrs and had to spend time making sure my hair under the wig was flat and that my scarves/headbands covered the line of demarcation. I spend more time moisturizing now but less time worried about what is going on on my head kwim?

Past APL not quite BSL

Buns, wash n go ponytails mainly or if I'm feeling fancy a twist out or braid out or some sort of updo.

nope, none at all

never anymore, when I was a flat iron addict I'd to every two weeks faithfully.

I've never worn a wig or a weave in my life and the last time I had braids I was probably 18. (I'm 31 now) so that isn't an issue for me. I like my own hair personally

Back