For those ladies that airdry

NewYorkgyrl

how long does it take until your hair is completely dry----after rollersetting?

I am 4a/4b relaxed and this is the first time I am airdrying my rollerset. (Trying to reduce the use of heat in my regimen) I finished rollersetting at 1:45pm (NY time) how long would you ladies estimate it will take to be dry?

chocolate01

I don't have an exact estimation but I usually rollerset during the evening and let dry overnight. So I give myself at least 10-12 hours. Not that it takes this long but I like to make sure that the inside of the hair is fully dry before taking rollers down to prevent frizzes.

Diane71

After braiding my hair up after washing I would say it takes a good 9-12 to get completely dry. I would never air dry my hair without braiding it up..talk about major tangling. After it dries I normally wear a twist out fro then braid it back up for the week.

Neroli

I have 4b hair that is past shoulders and it takes at least 8 hours to dry my rollersets, depending what products and how much I use. Because it's difficult for me to find 8 hours a week to dry my hair (I simply cannot sleep in those things!), I frequently do another "no heat" method -- the "cool" setting on my hood dryer takes 3 hours to dry -- but, I'm trapped under the dryer for the 3 hours. I prefer the dryer because I can read, crochet, sleep, or set up at the computer and surf the 'net for that time, depending on my mood. I also *think* my sets come out smoother with the cool dryer than if I simply airdry. HTH

Ladylynn

I'm 4b also and I air dry my sets. If I am using magnetic rollers, it would take about 10-11 hours to air dry. I have since moved onto wire mesh rollers. I can air dry my sets in 6-8 hours now. A very reasonable time. Thanks to Neroli, I have now started sitting under my dryer on cool. This takes about 2 hours to dry which works out well because the dryer is not hot so it's not uncomfortable.