For those who press their hair (and perm also)

pet

Ok, here is the situation. I press my hair every 3 weeks. Every year, I get it done like a day or two before school starts again. (you know, I want to look nice..) Now, three weeks is on August 17, so if I get my hair pressed then, I wouldn't be able to get it pressed until September 7th, which is after school has begun. Now, it's not like I CAN'T get it pressed, I just think that pressing my hair twice in three weeks, is too much heat for me. Now, I was thinking, that I would wash my hair on tuesday, August 19th, keep it natural until Labor day, and then get it pressed on September 2nd, which is a day before school opens. Do you think that is wise? Consider that I don't keep my hair natural EVER, and even though it is just for two weeks,I don't want my hair dropping out because of it. When I told my mom, she was like my hair will drop out, because my hair isn't use to it. Well, I don't know. I won't be keeping it open of course, it will be braided the entire two weeks, and my mom would be taking care of it, because the last time I took care of my natural hair, which I think was in the year 1997, it dropped out like 3 inches on one side. But it was natural for the entire summer, not just two weeks.
Please give me your input.
Well, like I said, my options are: Washing and keeping it natural for two weeks, or keeping it dirty for another two weeks.
Obviously, the second one will probably cause me to lose some hair, since my scalp will be backed up with grease.
Thankyou to those who responds!

SVT

Option 1.

Two weeks isn't a long time and you need to wash your hair. Just make sure your braids aren't too tight because that WILL cause your hair to fall out.

nita4

I think braids are a good solution. FYI: My niece gets her hair pressed once a month. It is bra strap length. She has been doing this for as long as I can remember.

pressncurl

Two weeks natural is the way to go -- that way you can have a fresh press for school and not be unnecessarily brutal to your hair. Braids are a good, safe natural do.

pet

Thanks for you responses! I will wash my hair next week, and go natural for two weeks and get it pressed one time for school.

Thanks again!