For Vivscal Users..........

StarScream35

For Viviscal Users..........

I know Viviscal is expensive as heck so this is a little info for you ladies who are on a budget but still want to take it.

I took Viviscal back in the day when it first came out. This was when it was packaged in the black box with the gold dots~~~yeah that long ago..........and yes it did work! This was the original forumla which you had to take 2 pills per day for 6 months. I was in college so the cost really was killing me. I eventually stopped taking it as the cost and the new growth was killing my pockets. I really did have to go get relaxers more often so the cost of Viviscal and then relaxers every 6 weeks was......:nono:. I just recently noticed they have an extra strength formula where they have doubled every ingredient but still requiring you to take the same dosage when in fact all you need to do is take one pill if you are taking the extra strength formula. Buy 3 boxes, take one per day and you'll have your six months supply!

Here is the original forumula I was taking back in the day::yep:

Viviscal Regular Strength - 60 Tablets Description

Viviscal Regular Strength active ingredients:
AminoMar C™ Marine Complex - provides the essential proteins needed to nourish thinning hair and promote existing hair growth.Horsetail Extract - an organic form of silica, increases the strength of the hair and revitalises lifeless hair.Vitamin C - derived from the Acerola Cherry (richest source of Vitamin C), with highly effective anti-oxidant properties.

Nutritional value per 100g:
  • Energy: 960kJ/230 Kcal
  • Protein: 18g
  • Carbohydrate: 37g
  • Fat: 1g
Other ingredients:
AminoMar CTM (Marine Protien Extract), Acerola Cherry Extract (Malphigia Glabra L.) Microcrystalline Cellulose, Horsetail Extract (Equisetum Arvense L.), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Natural Orange Flavour, Magnesium Stearate, Glycerol.
Each tablet contains:AminoMar C™ (Marine Protein Extract): 250mg, Acerola Cherry Extract (Vitamin C 30mg: 50% RDA*): 120mg, Horsetail Extract equivalent to: 30mg* Recommended Daily Allowance
Directions for Use
Recommended daily intake: Take 2 tablets daily for a minimum of 6 months or until the desired results have been achieved (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening, taken with water after food). Thereafter, take 1-2 tablets daily as required.

Now here is the new, extra strength formula: :lol:

[SIZE=+2]Supplement Facts[/SIZE]Serving Size:2 TabletsServings Per Container:30
% Daily Value+
Total Carbohydrate <1 g<1
% Daily Value
Vitamin C 60 mg100
AminoMar C Marine Complex Polysaccharides (from Deep Sea Fish) 600 mg*
Acerola Berry Extract Malphigia Glabra L, Fruit 240 mg*
Horsetail Extract Equisetum arvense, Stem 60 mg*

Last edited:

bluediamond0829

I ordered the new Viviscal just recently. I also had some good growth from taking Viviscal back in the day. I had to narrow it down and remember what I was taking but I know for a fact it was between Viviscal and Nioxin. I know if i take Nioxin by itself I dont seem to get much growth so I dont know if both of them together were helping. But I liked Viviscal because ALOT of the supplements that are out have ALOT of Biotin in it and I think it has aided to my constant breakouts. So I'm trying to stray away from the big doses of Biotin and go for Viviscal and Nioxin.

StarScream35

Re: For Viviscal Users..........

I ordered the new Viviscal just recently. I also had some good growth from taking Viviscal back in the day. I had to narrow it down and remember what I was taking but I know for a fact it was between Viviscal and Nioxin. I know if i take Nioxin by itself I dont seem to get much growth so I dont know if both of them together were helping. But I liked Viviscal because ALOT of the supplements that are out have ALOT of Biotin in it and I think it has aided to my constant breakouts. So I'm trying to stray away from the big doses of Biotin and go for Viviscal and Nioxin.

Yeah I hear Biotin breaks people out. Thank God I've never had any issues with it. Viviscal was truly the bomb though. I just remember my stylists complaining about my new growth~~can you believe the nerve, LOL!! She should have been saying "well dang, what are you doing so I can tell my other clients".

Dove56

I remember that black box! I got 4 inches in 3.5 months with it and I stopped too because of the price but I'm protective styling and starting the vitamins right back up!

bluediamond0829

Yes i love those vitamins i just have to be consistent with them and now im doing two each day with the extra strength. Once I get some more funds i'll reorder another box so i can make sure i dont run out and they get good in my system....

Princess4real

I've been taking the Viviscal Extra Strength for about two months and the Hair Infinity. I will update how I feel about these two products in two more months if I remember to come back into this thread. :yep:

Embyra

it will be 100mg less protein per day by taking one pill a day on the extra strength formula

1 tablet of extra strength is 300mg protein

1 tablet regular strength is 250mg protein

Last edited:

GreenEyedJen

I've been taking Viviscal since December. I truly love this stuff. I take it in conjunction with a liquid silicon supplement. What really amazed me about this stuff is that not only did it make my existing strands stronger, but it seemed to "wake up" my follicles that had been damaged by overbleaching. When my stylist overbleached in February of last year, a lot of hair wound up falling or breaking off and didn't seem to be coming back. Within a month of starting the Viviscal, I noticed a bunch or short little hairs all around my head. It was the hair from the damaged follicles. Those hairs are longer than bang length now. This stuff really works.

StarScream35

I've been taking Viviscal since December. I truly love this stuff. I take it in conjunction with a liquid silicon supplement. What really amazed me about this stuff is that not only did it make my existing strands stronger, but it seemed to "wake up" my follicles that had been damaged by overbleaching. When my stylist overbleached in February of last year, a lot of hair wound up falling or breaking off and didn't seem to be coming back. Within a month of starting the Viviscal, I noticed a bunch or short little hairs all around my head. It was the hair from the damaged follicles. Those hairs are longer than bang length now. This stuff really works.

Isn't it amazing! I remember when I took the plunge and first started taking it way back when. I couldn't believe it. A pill that actually does what it says! Loved it!

Jas123

The Star of a Story
this great info... i can't take large doses of biotin either due to massive breakouts:nono:... do you know anything about hairfinity????
bluediamond0829

GreenEyedJen

If you break out due to Biotin, try taking a B-Complex in addition. Biotin is a B vitamin and it makes some people break out because it messes up the balance of B vitamins in the body as a whole. Once I started taking a B-Complex in addition to just the Biotin, I stopped breaking out as bad.

I don't take straight Biotin anymore because it didn't help my hair growth that much.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
If you break out due to Biotin, try taking a B-Complex in addition. Biotin is a B vitamin and it makes some people break out because it messes up the balance of B vitamins in the body as a whole. Once I started taking a B-Complex in addition to just the Biotin, I stopped breaking out as bad.

I don't take straight Biotin anymore because it didn't help my hair growth that much.
i know the b vitamins need to be taken together... this makes a lot of sense:yep:...