For Wives Only....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
ThickHair said:
You are talking about the bellydancing shimmie correct???

Yes...correct...:)

But I know other shimmies that I can share as well. Hula, Polynesian...

"Shimmie..."

Mom23

I will add a tip...
After we have put our children to bed we usually take a shower sometimes seperately, sometimes together, but I always make sure I get out first. I go to the bedroom put on lotion and a little perfume, and light candles. I bought a thing of red ribbon and I cut a piece long enough to go around my neck with some extra to hang down and I make a bow. My hubby always enjoys his gift.:grin:

blueabyss333

Mom23 said:
I will add a tip...
After we have put our children to bed we usually take a shower sometimes seperately, sometimes together, but I always make sure I get out first. I go to the bedroom put on lotion and a little perfume, and light candles. I bought a thing of red ribbon and I cut a piece long enough to go around my neck with some extra to hang down and I make a bow. My hubby always enjoys his gift.:grin:

Ohh girl, let him unwrap that gift!:look: :wasntme: (I'm still single.)

Shimmie

Staff member
Mom23 said:
I will add a tip...

Ohhh, I like this. Husbands love gifts, especially in the form of his wife...

Happy marriage to you .... forever

"Shimmie..." ;)

MzTami

Hellerrrr
*****Sorry for the class interruption********

Shimmie,

My husband said with that abrupt phone call....."baby, I love you," he thought I was being kidnapped. :lol:

Continue on.......

Shaniquah

Ok, how about this one...tantalize him while he's on the phone - watching him squirm because he can't do anything to you is always fun :p

Shimmie

Staff member
MzTami said:

Shimmie,

My husband said with that abrupt phone call....."baby, I love you," he thought I was being kidnapped. :lol:

Continue on.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Oh my goodness! But aren't they cute with their reactions...

When I first read this reply from you, I was answering the phone (at work) and I just burst out laughing. Thank goodness, I was able to pull it off, the caller knows me well, and he thought that I was just glad to hear from him.

Kidnapped...Well now you get to go home and Kidnap him :lol:

Hugs,

Shimmie...;)

Shimmie

Staff member
MzTami said:

Shimmie,

Continue on.......

You ladies have made my day..

Shimmie

Staff member
Shaniquah said:
Ok, how about this one...tantalize him while he's on the phone - watching him squirm because he can't do anything to you is always fun :p

Oh yes and with a Boa and a Shimmie...:blush:

You have a heart full of Romance...

"Shimmie..." ;)

dreamer26

"WOW" and I thought I was here just to get long hair, my husband just might get ..... well I'll leave it at that.

Thanks ladies good stuff.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shaniquah said:
**running out to get that BOA!!** ;) Shimmie, I will be looking for more, you know...

Two Boas...Two. One for you and one for him...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have lots of fun...

"Shimmie..." :)

Shimmie

Staff member
blueabyss333 said:
Ohh girl, let him unwrap that gift!:look: :wasntme: (I'm still single.)

Not for long. Now you have notes...:lol: :lol: :lol: And I know you're not letting all of this and all of you to go to waste...:lol:

Hugs, Shimmie....

Hibiscus30

Hey, Shimmie, I am a newbie here and love the lessons. Now, I am not married yet, but not only will my hair be in check, but everything else will be on point (when "my husband" discovers me;)). Learning soooooooo much, thanks.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I just celebrated my 12 anniversary. This is such a wonderful and creative post. Thanks a lot for sharing all of this beautiful information. I sure do need it.

This sort of thing will drive him crazy. I am going to share this information with my girl friends. Please keep it coming!!

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm home early tonight. All of you were on my heart because I omitted something.

I needed to make this very important post for it refers to what every woman goes through.

How do we keep the Romance going when He wants to make love and we just don't feel like it.

We have ALL had those days, weeks, months...(no years :eek:, please). :lol:

But ladies it's true and it happens for many reasons...hormones, emotions, he didn't take the trash out, again...:mad: Yes, we get mad at them and we 'lock up' and at times we lock up good and tight and hide the keys. :lol:

Whatever the reason, we are just not in the mood. We actually haven't given it a thought, let alone made plans for it. Too much going on and then, 'Here he comes...our beloved, Mr. Frisky...full and raring to go and we want to give him a look..."Man you MUST be crazy"...Stoooopppp...Get off me'. Baby, you see all this work I have to do...stooopppp. Don't pinch me either." (Ladies you know this scene all too well).

Okay, whatever it is that's in the way of the Romance, 'Drop it, Leave it, Let it Go!' Drop it, NOW !!!

This is what you do...

Whisper in his ear, "I hear you Baby. Come, help me get ready."

This is where you take him into the bathroom, ask him to help strip you down and the two of you relax in the tub together. Or allow him to bath and relax you. He'll be happy to. Also, whisper love words to him.

Such as:

"Hmmmm, thank you, Baby. You're helping me to feel better"

Reach up and touch his face, look into his eyes and say nothing. Just smile at him and 'blush' a little. LThen bury your head in his chest or shoulders and kiss him there and then, whisper, "I love you..."

Now, this is important. Please do not use bubble bath. It can be irritating; especially when you make love directly after taking a bubble bath. It's not worth ruining the moments that you are sharing in love.

Instead of Bubble Bath, use powdered milk. I love powdered butter milk and coconut milk. You can purchase these at www.fromnaturewithlove.com and they are not very expensive.

Milk leaves your skin very soft and it's gentle on our 'tender parts'. It also makes the tub easy to clean after a milk bath. I have some other uses for this milk for skin care that I can share later.

This act of Romance is a bonding between you and your husband.

For instead of him thinking and feeling rejected when you say you are tired, you are allowing him to experience the joy of relaxing you. He is also able to see and feel what you are feeling and that you are sincere and it's not rejection after all.

After the bath, allow him to dry you off. Then the two of you just flow together in love. After loving him, always whisper these two words into his heart...

"More...Later".

God bless you, angels. Truly be blessed. And know this, if marriage has to be work, then make it a job that you both enjoy doing. The benefits are as high as the sky...Heaven.

Hugs to all,

"Shimmie..." ;)

Last edited:
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Lord, I wish I could 'shimmie.' I am stiffer than a stick!:lol: Plus, hubby just laughs at me when I try to booty dance for him- I need to take a hint.

PoeticJustice

Shimmie, you truly have a warm spirit and natural gift. This was very endearing even for someone like me who's been separated for 6 months. But those who are happily married and with a SO this is very endearing.

**** Can one of the mods make this a sticky so it doesn't go anywhere!! I'm gonna need to refer back to this when the mate of God's choice finds me :D

Shimmie

Staff member
Hibiscus30 said:
Hey, Shimmie, I am a newbie here and love the lessons. Now, I am not married yet, but not only will my hair be in check, but everything else will be on point (when "my husband" discovers me;)). Learning soooooooo much, thanks.

Welcome and go girl! I love your name, because Hibiscus is one of my favorite flowers. :)

It's always wise to be ready for marriage. For when you are married, you won't feel so inhibited.

May I share this with you? When you and your husband come together for the first time, you'll be able to tell him, "I saved this all for you..."

Now, won't he be impressed with that alone? Skill won't matter, but saving it for him will put him on top of the world.

Wherever and whoever your husband is, pray for him as if you've already met him and know him. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you each day in prayer, as though you were all ready there by his side.

Ask God to block all counterfeits from you; to allow no deceptive intruders to come knocking on the door of your heart, wasting your time and energy. Let it be him only who comes and no other. And ask God to confirm your husband and who he is before you release your heart and time to him. And let it be confirmed in his heart as well. You both must agree.

Pray for every need that your future husband may have. His health, his safety, his decisions, his travels, even the food that he eats. Also, ask and thank God for 'casting the bond woman' out. This means any female who has been a part of his life, past or present, who hinders his way from being with you.

I thank God that He will keep you and your husband as the 'apple of His eye', keeping and sealing the path of life and destiny that the two of you are meant to share as man and wife. No intruders are allowed.

"For this cause, shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife, forsaking all others. For whom God has joined together, let no man put asunder."

For those women ashamed of their bodies,

"The husband and wife were naked and they were not ashamed (Genesis 2:25)

And from the Song of Solomon: "...he shall find no fault in thee".

For you, Hibiscus 30, and for all others who read, married or single...above is my prayer for a happy marriage for each of you. All promised from God's word.
Amen and Amen....

Love, Shimmie....;)

Shimmie

Staff member
Bublnbrnsuga said:
Meant to add, Shimmie, you are wonderful :)

And so are you...so...are...you.

You shared in your previous post about being stiff. Well, Belly Dance can soften that. And there are shimmies that are done with a stiff position. One is called the straight leg shimmie. You still have to soften your knees, but it's the same back and forth movement.

The Boa gives accent to your movement. He really won't notice any stiffness. He will love just seeing your move...just for him.

I suggested the Feather Boa because it's very light weight as opposed to the coin belts that Dancers wear. I have belts that feel like a 5lb weight, but its because of the detail and the heavy beading on it.

Try warm water baths. This will soften your muscles. Also ask your husband to give your body warm oil massages. Olive oil is very good. Tell he has a special surprise coming and the oil helps. Your muscles will be less tense and your shimmies will follow very softly.

Loving Hugs to you and your husband....

"Shimmie..." ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
Justicewifey said:
Shimmie, you truly have a warm spirit and natural gift. This was very endearing even for someone like me who's been separated for 6 months. But those who are happily married and with a SO this is very endearing.

**** Can one of the mods make this a sticky so it doesn't go anywhere!! I'm gonna need to refer back to this when the mate of God's choice finds me :D

The endearing one is you. For even in the realm of your present life situation, you have not lost your heart. You still have the life or Romance and the caring of others living within you.

I have no doubt that you too, shall have love again. And this time, forever true.

Loving blessings to you, and these are not mere words. They are words of life which live in the heart of you.

There is a name for God in Hebrew, "Jehovah Shammah", meaning God is there. And believe me, God is truly there with the mate of His choice for you, day by day bringing the two of you closer together. For in Ephesians 2, God says, "...you have been brought nigh unto one another by the blood of Jesus."

Please take care,

"Shimmie..." ;)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Shimmie,

This has been a very special thread. You have something, I can't put my finger on it, but it's something special. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
Supergirl said:
Shimmie,

This has been a very special thread. You have something, I can't put my finger on it, but it's something special. :)

You have something too, Supergirl. And if I'm ever in trouble, I have you coming to my rescue.

The only thing special about me is the Love of God. He's the One who lives and breathes in me. Without Him, I am nothing. And it's not hype.

The mistakes I've made and the things that I've gone through in this life, there is absolutely no way that I could have handled any of it and be alive to tell it, if it were not for God.

Whatever joy I can help bring to a person's heart, I am humbled. For in this thread alone, I have been in a very humble place. We all share so much in common and it brings us so much closer together...I have so much respect for each of you.

It doesn't matter what we agree or disagree upon...'issues' can't overpower true sisterhood. We stiill have to be here for each other. We still have something special that another needs. Whatever I have, I will share. That's my heart.

God bless you, Supergirl...

"Shimmie...." ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
dontspeakdefeat said:
I just celebrated my 12 anniversary. This is such a wonderful and creative post. Thanks a lot for sharing all of this beautiful information. I sure do need it.

This sort of thing will drive him crazy. I am going to share this information with my girl friends. Please keep it coming!!

I missed this, yesterday. Happy anniversary to you and your husband.

Celebrating the two of you has only just begun...the best is yet to come. And it's not just words. Because for as long as life is flowing in the heart of you and your husband, you will always have something to celebrate.

Hmmmm, 'Don't Speak Defeat'....your name speaks your destiny. ;) For you are more than a 'conqueror' through Jesus Christ who loves you....

Amen...

"Love, Shimmie..." ;)

Aubergold

ShimmieGirl said:
You have something too, Supergirl. And if I'm ever in trouble, I have you coming to my rescue.

The only thing special about me is the Love of God. He's the One who lives and breathes in me. Without Him, I am nothing. And it's not hype.

The mistakes I've made and the things that I've gone through in this life, there is absolutely no way that I could have handled any of it and be alive to tell it, if it were not for God.

Whatever joy I can help bring to a person's heart, I am humbled. For in this thread alone, I have been in a very humble place. We all share so much in common and it brings us so much closer together...I have so much respect for each of you.

It doesn't matter what we agree or disagree upon...'issues' can't overpower true sisterhood. We stiill have to be here for each other. We still have something special that another needs. Whatever I have, I will share. That's my heart.

God bless you, Supergirl...

"Shimmie...." ;)

AWwww that warmed by heart :)