FORGIVENESS... Should We Sin To Experience It???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've seen several posts regarding sin and God's forgiveness. It seems like there has been some confusion about whether someone can sincerely pray for forgiveness just because they know God forgives and will continue in there sin or they have the mindset of "I'll sin more to earn more forgiveness"... not good. :nono:

There are several verses in the Bible regarding forgiveness. Here are a couple of verses that I found that may be helpful to some of you ladies who were confused about this issue:

Romans 6: 1-2 says...
1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

If God loves to forgive, why not give him more to forgive? If forgiveness is guaranteed, do we have the freedom to sin as much as we want? Paul's forceful answer was NO! Such an attitude--deciding ahead of time to take advantage of God--shows that a person does not understand the seriousness of sin. God's forgiveness does not make sin less serious; His Son's death for sin shows us the dreadful seriousness of sin. Jesus paid with His life so we could be forgiven. The availability of God's mercy must not become an excuse for careless living and moral laxness.

What Has God Done About Sin (for those who have been saved/born again)???

1. Romans 6:2-4,6 shows that He has given us New Life. Sin's power is broken, the sin-loving nature is buried, and you are no longer under sin's control. The importance is that we can be certain that sin's power is broken.

2. Romans 6:5,11 shows that He has given us New Nature. You share His new life. Look upon your old sin nature as dead and unresponsive, and instead be alive to God. The importance is that we can see ourselves as unresponsive to the old power and alive to the new.

3. Romans 6: 12-14,16 shows that He has given us New Freedom. Do not let sin control you. Give yourselves completely to God. You are free and you can choose your own master. The importance of that we can commit ourselves to obey Chirst in perfect freedom.

Hope that clears the confusion about sin, forgiveness, God's grace/mercy, and salvation. ;)

Last edited: