Fotki for dummies to report hair progress

rwanda

Hello everyone it's been awhile since I've posted, I've started back to school after many years to get my bachelor's and I have had minimal time between work and school. But in the mean time I had found an excellent braider who was braiding my hair often, and the thing what made her so good for me was she braided my hair very neat without all the tension and my hair really grew from that. She's since gotten a job so I'm going to have to find another protective style or something else that will help my hair thrive just as well. My question is, I'd like to eventually start my own fotki to keep up with the growth and health of my hair on this forum, and I'd like to ask the ones that have a fotki how do you post your progress pictures on their. Do you use a camera phone, digital camera, or webcam and download your pictures on the site? I am new at this so I have no idea.

JLove74

rwanda said:
Hello everyone it's been awhile since I've posted, I've started back to school after many years to get my bachelor's and I have had minimal time between work and school. But in the mean time I had found an excellent braider who was braiding my hair often, and the thing what made her so good for me was she braided my hair very neat without all the tension and my hair really grew from that. She's since gotten a job so I'm going to have to find another protective style or something else that will help my hair thrive just as well. My question is, I'd like to eventually start my own fotki to keep up with the growth and health of my hair on this forum, and I'd like to ask the ones that have a fotki how do you post your progress pictures on their. Do you use a camera phone, digital camera, or webcam and download your pictures on the site? I am new at this so I have no idea.

HOw do we keep progress? Take pics and place in fotki - simple as that. I take a pic with a digital camera, the quality isn't as great with web cam and camera phone pic,

lonei

I use a digital camera, attach it to my laptop and upload the pics to my pictures folder. Once you have opend your fotki account, there will be options on the left hand side to create an album, one you have named it, it gives you an option to add photos. There are sereral ways of doing it, the 'one at a time' option at the bottom is the clearest. You simply click browse, serach your laptop pictures folder (or whereever you saved them), click on it, press open and then upload. It will then appear in your album.

TowsonGirl

I just started my fotki like 2 mos ago, but I use my camera phone. The quality isnt the best, but its better than nothing. Hopefully I'll be getting a digital cam for xmas. I plan on doing updates every month or two to track growth/hair changes.

rwanda

Thanks ladies for the information. I wish I would have done this awhile ago when I first did my major cut, because I think I've made some great progress. I want my hair to get long enough where I'll need one of those growth progress t-shirts with the measurements on them. That's one I plan on getting one.