Fotki & Hair Journey...

*C00KIE*

Next month will be 1 year since I embarked on my "healthy hair" journey. I have seen a difference (esp. that I have stopped relaxing my hair) in health and lenght wise. Too bad I didn't take any beginning pics, mostly because I didn't "really" think that my hair was going to improve. My boyfriend who I met aroound the time when I have decided to go on this journey, has really notice the difference and to be honest he really made me get serious about growing out my hair and getting it to a healthy state.

Anyway, fast forward to now. I am getting kinda bored and I feel like my hair can't grow any slower. I need something to keep me motivated... and i have came to the conclusion start a FOTKI to track my progress.

Maybe with this I won't be so bored and it will keep me motivated. Well taking pics every month and putting them up will not only help others but also keep me informed on my progress, so I won't get that hair anerxic feeling! So that means I will be purchasing a disposable camera (walmart) and a scanner for about $50-$60 for christmas and start for the new year '09.

Who else find having a fotki help them with their hair journey??

Sorry So Long.

Last edited:

locabouthair

I think having a fotki is good. But do you think you need to take pics every month? When I did that it made me go crazy. Lol. It was like watching a pot that doesnt boil.

I'm glad your hair is making progress.

naijanikki

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! I am exactly where you are with feeling my hair is just not moving. But I have a fotki and I must say, it is VERY helpful when you are feeling discouraged or bored.

naturalpride

At times I fell like my hair is not growing, but when I view my Fotki I see that I have made progress over that last 12 months, when compared to the fade/ceasar that I started out with:)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
try every 3 months. i think im going to start doing that. it helps alot. if i didnt have fotki i wouldve left the hair growing game a while ago. als there are cheaper digital cameras you can buy so you wont have to waste money on a scanner and disposable cameras. im sure you can find them for less than $50 they just dont have preview screens. HTH

loulou82

I have a Fotki too. It really helps me see the progress I've made. I upload pics about every month but I don't go overboard with pages filled up of just one month.

I don't pay the fee. I make sure to request my free extra space every month under "My Settings". I don't worry about running out of space and I don't have to delete pics to make room. I'd probably make a new account than pay the fee if it came down to that.

*C00KIE*

try every 3 months. i think im going to start doing that. it helps alot. if i didnt have fotki i wouldve left the hair growing game a while ago. als there are cheaper digital cameras you can buy so you wont have to waste money on a scanner and disposable cameras. im sure you can find them for less than $50 they just dont have preview screens. HTH

.... didnt know if i have a digi camera i would need a scanner?

*C00KIE*

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! I am exactly where you are with feeling my hair is just not moving. But I have a fotki and I must say, it is VERY helpful when you are feeling discouraged or bored.

Thank you much... it went by pretty fast. I am happy i started when i did because right now i would probably be saying damn you would of been a year up but i already am :grin: