frizzy ends and relaxed hair

Penspringz

My hair is not relaxed but I was wondering why some women with relaxed hair have frizzy ends. Is it because of the relaxer they use? How do you get smooth ends?

Many thanks.

~Nigeria~

The last 1 inch to 2 inches of my hair are frizzy because they are split and over-processesed. I can't wait to get rid of 'em.

asubeauty

When I had frizzy ends, it's most likely dry hair or letting them rub on sweaters, book bags or purses. Or it could have been because I was using bobby pins when I bunned. Either way, I cut them off... As far as I know, frizzy ends on relaxed hair is bad. A stylist told me that relaxed hair droops, but it shouldn't frizz.

bajanplums1

I have not had this problem for years, it was due to lack of moisture. Since I have learned the importance of proper hair conditining, this is never an issue and I have relaxed hair.

TeeKay21

I agree w/ bajan. I used to have frizzy ends until I started moisturizing before rolling my hair at night or wrapping it for bed. If I forget to moisturize first.. poof! That GA humidity will make an afro out of my ends!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
My hair gets frizzy due to 1) HUMIDTY!!!! 2) Over-processing.

I hate humidity!!!!! I can hardly wear my hair down when it's very hot outside or if it's raining because my hair will poof up and look as if I need to put a hot comb to it :0\

sareca

I had frizzy ends for the same reason both relaxed and natural, lack of moisture and needing a dusting/trimming.

sylver2

bajanplums1 said:
I have not had this problem for years, it was due to lack of moisture. Since I have learned the importance of proper hair conditining, this is never an issue and I have relaxed hair.

Exactly..I also use to have this problem and kept cutting and cutting but still had frizzy ends. It finally stopped when I started moisturizing. I moisturize them, then put on jojoba oil and serum. I haven't had frizzy ends in over a year near.

taraglam2

I had super frizzy ends when I was doing a lot of heat styling to my hair. Like the other ladies said, the hairdresser would cut my ends and in less than 2 weeks they were back super frizzy and a mess again---not to mention all the heat styling I was getting done. Finally I do not have the problem with the super frizzy ends. I think moisturizing and adding leave-in conditioners to my regimen (prior to LHCF never used leave-in conditioners) helped tremendously !

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I used to have frizzy ends when I relaxed, even when I rollerset my hair. It may have been a combo from what you ladies have mentioned.

sylver2

taraglam2 said:
I had super frizzy ends when I was doing a lot of heat styling to my hair. Like the other ladies said, the hairdresser would cut my ends and in less than 2 weeks they were back super frizzy and a mess again---not to mention all the heat styling I was getting done. Finally I do not have the problem with the super frizzy ends. I think moisturizing and adding leave-in conditioners to my regimen (prior to LHCF never used leave-in conditioners) helped tremendously !

Same here, I never used leave ins b4 I joined LHCF and it has definately made a difference since I started using them.

Isis

As we can see in this thread, frizzy ends can happen for many reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with the ends or that they are "bad" and need to be cut.

If I airdry my hair just hanging down, my ends will be frizzy.

If the weather is both very humid and hot, my hair and ends will be frizzy (although not as much with my Aveda Anti-Humectant and Aveda serum).

I keep my ends well moisturized, which helps and rollersetting when airdrying keeps my ends smooth.

planodiva

Yeah my ends are always frizzy when I airdry. But I do think that moisturizing my ends with conditioner and EVOO everynight before bed keeps my hair from being frizzy too much. And it keeps the split ends at bay