relaxed hair healthy ends

dinarine

hello ladies.. Its been a while since Ive been on here. Anyways to the relaxed ladies out there, what are you using on your ends to keep them nice and smooth and not frizzy and protected? I want to stay away from the flat iron because I think that's what's setting me back on my hair growth, but my end wont stay nice and smooth, always frizzy :nono:..I got that kinky hair btw lol 4a/b
please help! -dina

HI! I am relaxed bone straight so it may be easier for me but making sure I seal after moisturizing I find helps with that.

hello Nix08.. yea I havnt been bone straight since I switched my relaxer.. and I like it this way cuz my hair feels more full and more alive.. I just need to control those ends and the frizz.. cuz i keep flat ironing :-/.. and yea i moisturize and seal daily with ntm and coconut oil.. my hair feels moiturize and soft, just cant get it to stay smooth.

Others will chime in but are your ends frizzy after air drying or styling? You could also try an ACV rinse to lay the cuticles down. Raised cuticles also add to frizziness. Raised cuticles are the result of an off PH level the ACV rinses neutralizes things.

Raw Shea Butter! It's pretty thick so it'll weigh my ends down and keep them nicely coated and straight. I use this when I dry. See my avatar for an example.

As an alternative, I use Castor oil.

hello Nix08.. yea I havnt been bone straight since I switched my relaxer.. and I like it this way cuz my hair feels more full and more alive.. I just need to control those ends and the frizz.. cuz i keep flat ironing :-/.. and yea i moisturize and seal daily with ntm and coconut oil.. my hair feels moiturize and soft, just cant get it to stay smooth.

I had the same issue until I learned that Ceramides :yep: was the missing ingredient for me.

Hemp oil makes my hair "salon" smooth.

hello ladies.. Its been a while since Ive been on here. Anyways to the relaxed ladies out there, what are you using on your ends to keep them nice and smooth and not frizzy and protected? I want to stay away from the flat iron because I think that's what's setting me back on my hair growth, but my end wont stay nice and smooth, always frizzy :nono:..I got that kinky hair btw lol 4a/b
please help! -dina

Have u tried roller sets?

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Others will chime in but are your ends frizzy after air drying or styling? You could also try an ACV rinse to lay the cuticles down. Raised cuticles also add to frizziness. Raised cuticles are the result of an off PH level the ACV rinses neutralizes things.

Well I'll air dry with my leave in and then I'll flat iron with Like my coconut oil.. And it's smooth when I first do it.. And literally that night or the next day I'll have to flat iron again

Raw Shea Butter! It's pretty thick so it'll weigh my ends down and keep them nicely coated and straight. I use this when I dry. See my avatar for an example.

As an alternative, I use Castor oil.

I see.. I gotta try that.. I tried this elasta qp mangbutter moisturizer only on my ends and then put coconut oil on it.. And so far so good.. But I wanted to know what else is out there and what is everyone else using for thar..

Have u tried roller sets?

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Yea They always rollerset in the hair salon but I prefer doing my hair myself.. And when I roller set it takes too long :-/.. So I usually airdry with like a satin scarf or something.. Then go and flat iron.

I agree with BlackBerry I also rollerset and yes it takes longer than the salon but the damage isn't as much as the Flat Iron. I barely use my flat Irons at all anymore. I do rollerset :).

Atleast for the first 2-3 months of my relaxer.
Honestly I get frizz if it is too much heat, touches my skin and my skin is moist, or go into any humid place. It frizzes up and shows out.

To solve while i am out I flip it up into a bun, as long as my ends are tucked until dry when I remove it from the bun they are straight. :)

I'm texlaxed and I condition with Redken Smooth down which lays the cuticle flat. I also do an ACV rinse just about every other wash day.

I use a blowstraight lotion if I blow dry and Paul Mitchell Silky Straight Serum if I flat iron. But mostly I roll my hair with flexirods and wear it in like "spirals" and that helps me to work with my texlaxed texture. It doesn't need to be super straight until the next wash day. I love it! Hope this helps others.

I have been direct heat free since December, so I've tried several methods to have smooth ends.

The best way for me is to put carrot oil on my ends first for moisture, then seal with castor oil. It's how I got my ends smooth in my siggy pic:

d036278d-2e19-4bcf.jpg

This was after a wash and airdry.

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

Giovanni Direct leave in sealed with EVOO/vatika works a treat. Some say mizani rose h0, haven;t tried that yet.

Back