Frizzy ends, cut/ or care for them....

AmyInAtl

what would you do or have done with your frizzy ends, i'm not sure to cut them, or care for them, when i put oil in my products and use them on the ends they smooth out, but when the product dry out, they back frizzy, what would you, or have you done for this ty.:ohwell:

rootdeep

Sounds like dead hair to me. I would get a good trim and oil and moisturize the new ends daily. If it really is dead hair, then its blocking healthy hair from getting past that one length and I know you dont want that.

I hope that helps :)

Royal Glory

SophiaRose said:
what would you do or have done with your frizzy ends, i'm not sure to cut them, or care for them, when i put oil in my products and use them on the ends they smooth out, but when the product dry out, they back frizzy, what would you, or have you done for this ty.:ohwell:

Do you mean "frizzy" or "split"?

Frizzy ends might simply need better moisturizing, or smoother setting/braiding/twisting.

Split ends probably need a trim.:(

And remember, our hair is dead from new growth to ends. The ends are just older and more subject to damage.

Hope that helps.

sheba125

I have the same issue, i look at the ends and they are not split, just frizzy and thin, I am wondering should i trim or nurse them until i gain a few more inches. I like wearing my bun and I don't want to lose that style by cutting

HoneyDew

I dust a week after every touchup. At other times, my Caruso Pro setter takes away frizzy ends.

LocksOfLuV

I personally don't think you have to cut them. You can nurse them back to health. When I started out my ends were super frizzy. You just have to find a good water based moisturizer (oils will not do), a good deep conditioner (coat those ends real good when deep conditioning and add some oil to those ends while dcing also), and a fav oil to seal them after moisturizing. Cut down the heat and you should be good.

Also I have found that the baggie method is good for me.

crlsweetie912

My ends were frizzy as heck when I started my hair journey. They would dry 10x faster than the rest of my hair and would tangle sooooo badly. I didn't cut them and they are much better now that I have been taking care of my hair. Moisturizing AND sealing works wonders!

Split ends should always be trimmed.

seeminglysweet

can you baggie? depending on how many inches of frizzy hair you have you may beable to baggy under a phoney pony or bun. Or you may need to do a full head baggie over night for a couple weeks.

I personally wouldn't cut, the hair is just more damaged because its been around longer, but as long as they aren't split they should be able to be nursed back to health.

sugarose

My ends were pretty frizzy starting out too. I didn't want to cut them completely off and now I'm glad I didn't - they are almost as healthy as the rest of my hair after a lot of extra care and moisture.

The best product so far that I've used on my ends is Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy cream.

AmyInAtl

Royal Glory said:
Do you mean "frizzy" or "split"?

Frizzy ends might simply need better moisturizing, or smoother setting/braiding/twisting.

Split ends probably need a trim.:(

I think they are underprocessed ends. I relaxed after a one year grow out with optimum, that left my ends, curly w/ products, frizzy when dry, they arent thin, just need extra care and wondering which is the better way to go, ty.

tffy2004

Frizzy ends don't mean dead hair. All hair is dead from root to ends. I use to deal with the same problem but I found my solution. It may or may not work for you but here it is, it only consists of Water and Olive Oil:

As soon as I get out of the shower from rinsing out the conditioner I go over to the mirror and detangle my hair in the four sections it is already in. Once I re braid it back I wet my fingers and rub my ends then get some grapeseed oil and rub my ends with that and they look pretty straight. Later in the day I when my hair is about 75% dry I will take the two braids down on the right side to make one braid, then re-wet and re-oil my ends. I do this on both sides. From then on for the rest of the day I will play with me ends, you know smooth them with my fingers twirl them around my fingers. Just before I go to bed at night I take the two braids down and make a low ponytail. Only Oil the Tail of the Pony no re-wetting, put it in a bun. The next day take the bun down oil my ends and proceed to wear the bun for the rest of the day and my ends are good for the rest of the week until my hair gets wet again. In the mean time I oil me ends every night with Grapeseed oil.

I hope you try this and it works for you. But I don't think you have to cut them you just have to try different things to keep them from getting frizzy.

HTH!!!

glamazon386

SophiaRose said:
I think they are underprocessed ends. I relaxed after a one year grow out with optimum, that left my ends, curly w/ products, frizzy when dry, they arent thin, just need extra care and wondering which is the better way to go, ty.

I agree. I had frizzy ends on one side when I was going to the hairdresser every week back in hs. She rerelaxed the frizzy ends on that one side and they looked like the rest of my hair. I never had the problem again.

OneInAMillion

I definitely think you should troubleshoot like some of the other ladies suggested. Try rollersetting, baggying your ends, etc. If after multiple attempts your ends are still frizzy, then I would cut them. For me, frizzy ends just meant tangling and EVENTUALLY thin ends, so I got rid of them.