FROM SETBACK TO COMEBACK

TLC1020

Good Morning Ladies,

As some of you may know that I had a setback and decided to big chop in 2010 and start over. I decided to wear braids during my journey so that I wouldn't have to manipulate my hair. The journey was well worth it to say the least as I did a 8 month stretch which is the longest stretch ever.

Attached are a few pictures of my journey...

Attachments

• 1 14 08b.jpg
    1 14 08b.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 337
  • 12 28 08c.jpg
    12 28 08c.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 342
  • 3 27 10b.jpg
    3 27 10b.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 346
  • 11 10 10b.jpg
    11 10 10b.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 346.jpg
    346.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 336

TLC1020

Here are rest of the pictures of my update..... :grin:

Attachments

• 373.jpg
    373.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 382.jpg
    382.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 383.jpg
    383.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 192

nikki2229

Great Comeback story! You've made wonderful progress!
What is your plan going forward? Did you relax in the updated pictures?

TLC1020

Thanks ladies...

I had a setback from very low iron levels and over time I guess the low iron took its course internally. Betcha I stay on top of that now lol...

Yes I am still relaxed and plan to continue my same regimen as before which is wash and deep condition with heat once a week, relax newgrowth 12-14 weeks atleast until my hair grow more and then stretch to 16 weeks. I don't manipulate my hair much I usually wear it in a bun from Monday to wash day. I guess I'll be wrapping it until I can comfortably secure a bun..

Iluvsmuhgrass

Awesome progress! :yep: That last pic in the first post slapped the coffee out of my mouth! Fantastic!

LURVE your eye makeup too. The colors look really nice on you!

softblackcotton

Thanks ladies...

I had a setback from very low iron levels and over time I guess the low iron took its course internally. Betcha I stay on top of that now

Ooo Mmm Geee low iron just might be my prob. My hair is breaking and growing SLOOOOWLY.
Wonderful comeback lady!

ellebelle88

TLC1020, you are giving me life! I recently had a setback as well and I only hope I achieve as much growth in 8 months time as you!! Happy Hair Growing my sister.

betty-boo

Oh my word your progess is amazing! When did you start taking the iron again? How long did it take to 'kick in'?
I have low iron - what did you think this did to your hair particularly?

Sorry for all the questions! I've just noticed some shedding and was wondering whether my low iron is contributing to this...

TLC1020

Instructed by a dermatologist I begin taking iron supplements in april of 2009 but then I got pregnant that same month, dd started taking all my ferritin so my levels didn't increase at all :nono:. Once I had her both our iron levels were low. After my 6 week check-up I stopped taking prenatals and just took the iron supplements alone. My ferritin level increased as time went on and about 6 months later my level were up to 37 from 11. Stopped for a few months and just started back taking the supplements recently.

My phcp had my iron levels checked by kept saying I wasn't anemic, you don't have to be anemic to have low levels and for you to be affected interenally such as hair, skin, nails and preganancy. Not until I did my own research and that's when I requested a referral to see a dermatologist.

Oh my word your progess is amazing! When did you start taking the iron again? How long did it take to 'kick in'?
I have low iron - what did you think this did to your hair particularly?

Sorry for all the questions! I've just noticed some shedding and was wondering whether my low iron is contributing to this...