From shoulder length to arm pit length

LaFemmeNaturelle

And look at the OPs avatar. At first I was like wth is she talking about? But I assume she surpassed her goals! That's inspiration right there!

Tatilove

This thread is VERY old, but it definitely encourages me. APL seems SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far away. I think once I get to APL everything else will be butter. I am not yet at SL. I'm hoping to be SL by the end of september to early october, and I'd like to be FULL SL by December 31. I think 3 months from SL to FULL SL is doable.
Then I'm hoping to hit be APL May 2014. Not sure if that's doable or not. We'll see.

Here is my currently length- Pic taken 2 weeks ago on partially air dried hair. It's about an inch or so longer with straightened, but I'm still not shoulder length yet.

snoop

Tatilove, I'm about the same length I think. My hair shrinks so much after a wash and I haven't used heat in a couple of years so it's hard to tell. I'm hoping to make APL by February 2014. I think I'll keep my hair mostly in twists until I can figure out how to put it into a ponytail and if I'm really good, a ballerina bun.

janeemat

Why has this thread risen from the dead? :grin: Since posting this one, I have surpassed APL....almost to BSL....cut back to shoulder and now back to APL.

Attachments

• March Relaxer 2008.jpg
    March Relaxer 2008.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 63
  • BSL check.jpg
    BSL check.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Dominican Blowout-Valentine 2!.jpg
    Dominican Blowout-Valentine 2!.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 57

Tatilove

Why has this thread risen from the dead? :grin: Since posting this one, I have surpassed APL....almost to BSL....cut back to shoulder and now back to APL.
OMG janeemat, you inspire me. The reason it seems so impossible for me is because I've never worried about length before. I have always had hair past APL, sometimes BSL. But I have to admit my hair wasn't well taken care of, and it was usually dry. So while having such short unven hair is quite frustrating, I'm happy that's I'll be able to grow healthier hair.

I'm hoping for APL by December 2013.
I'm sure you'll make it.

Tatilove

Tatilove, I'm about the same length I think. My hair shrinks so much after a wash and I haven't used heat in a couple of years so it's hard to tell. I'm hoping to make APL by February 2014. I think I'll keep my hair mostly in twists until I can figure out how to put it into a ponytail and if I'm really good, a ballerina bun.

snoop I have super short hair, and I am able to make a bun. I'm not sure if this is what they call a Balerina bun. I just bought a doughnut that isn't too big. Here are a couple of pics of my buns, first one was a couple days ago, and the second one was June 29. They are not perfect or super neat, but for now, this is my go to hairstyle for work.

snoop

Tatilove: Ive definitely got to give this a try. I managed a ponytail today and I think it's my first on natural hair, since 2006! (Too many BCs and unhealthy hair experiences.)

Tatilove

Tatilove: Ive definitely got to give this a try. I managed a ponytail today and I think it's my first on natural hair, since 2006! (Too many BCs and unhealthy hair experiences.)

It says here that you are SL. If you are then you can DEFINITELY do it. My hair is not SL yet and I managed to pull my peices over the bun. my buns seems to be getting neater each month.

Ps. We're in the same country hehe :grin: