Roll Call: What is ur current length? Where do you want to be?

*ElleB

Hi :wave:

I just wanted a thread where we can all share updates on growth and where we want to be...

I am currently Arm Pit Length, Striving for Bra Strap Length by Fall, and my Ultimate Goal is Waistlength...

What about you?

Before joining this board, where were you? I've been on this board for a few months, and prior I was a few inches shy of APL....

CreoleInDC

Shoulder length currently...striving for APL and then ultimately BSL. I don't think waist length would look good on me.

zoj2

Great post. Right now Im just about shoulder length. I will be very content with armpit length. That's my goal for the end of the year. Brastrap? Perhaps, but I have my eyes set on APL.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

When I came here in August of 05, I was neck length (major post relaxer). I'm currently 2 1/2-3 inches away from APL (at 3 months post). My ultimate goal is WSL, but I believe I'll just chop it up to BSL or MBL and maintain that length (God willing), w/long layers and add a bang w/some streaks. WSL is starting to seem a bit much for my tiny self and would make me look taller, I think I want it just to say I had it :lol: .

*ElleB

BeautifulWideEyes said:
When I came here in August of 05, I was neck length (major post relaxer). I'm currently 2 1/2-3 inches away from APL (at 3 months post). My ultimate goal is WSL, but I believe I'll just chop it up to BSL or MBL and maintain that length (God willing), w/long layers and add a bang w/some streaks. WSL is starting to seem a bit much for my tiny self and would make me look taller, I think I want it just to say I had it :lol: .

:lol: :lol:
I feel ya on that....

LaNecia

I'm at shoulder length, my goal length is somewhere between APL and Bra Strap. A gurl can dream can't she?!! :lol:

isawstars

I am currently a lil past my shoulders... (Which reminds me that I desperately need to update my fotki). My goal is APL. My Ultimate goal is Bra strap.

I can't wait to leave College for the summer, so I can focus more on my hair and continue my PJism! lol..

Doremie13

Before joining, I was at shoulder length for-e-ver, but my hair wasn't in great shape. Now, I'm at collar bone and will know for sure how close I am to APL when I retouch tomorrow. Ultimately I'm shooting for midback because I like soft layers.

Mitre

I am 1 inch pass armpit. I want my hair to be at the top of my bra in August 2006 and at the bottom of my bra by the end of the year.

beyondcute

Currently somewhere around collarbone (I think) Short term goal is bra strap stretched, long term goal is bra strap natural unstretched :)

camellia

I'm almost at hip bone length all around. Some pieces are a few inches shy, some are a little past. My goal in EVEN full hip bone length when stretched. I am at waist length unstretched.

I think I'll be exactly where I want by the end of this year.:)

OneInAMillion

I'm currently hovering around APL for what seems like forever. But I won't be satisfied until I can do a blunt cut there, which should be around December. It's crazy, when I first started, I just wanted my hair to touch armpit, now I'm all about it being healthy and full, so that takes a little while longer.

I'll still be on that quest for BSL in 2007 (probably the summer) after I get this trim in the next week. The ultimate goal? WSL-- since growing is so much fun at this point, I'd love to see if I can make it.

I'm also workin on my sister's head as a goal as well :) . She's 14, and she gets so impatient when I'm on her about deep conditioning and protecting her hair before swimming, but now, she's moving past shoulder length as well!

Last edited:
I'm a little below shoulder length now, trying for APL then BSL, don't want much longer than that though :) I had armpit length a few months ago then I had to cut about 4 inches off because of damage-won't let that happen again! :(

MizaniMami

I am about 4 inches from bra-strap length. I want to make that by the end of this year. And then my next stop is waist length (goal Dec. 27, 2008). I will do anything and their daddy (lol j/k):lachen: to get to bra-strap length though!

I think I can make it to waist length I keep up with my no heat but twice every two mos thing, keep my moisture and protein game up, and keep deep conditioning.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
At 11 weeks post I am right at BSL. I'm my own SHS so I'm not where should be BUT the dh took my scissors so I'm hoping to be at mid back by July. I got three inches to go. Touch up is scheduled for 5/19 I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm closer.

MissDiva

I'm a currently at BSL stretched. I would love to be to BSL unstretched; however, with the amount of shrinkage I have I think my hair would have to grow to my knees to achieve that. I just want THICK, healthy hair that's a nice length unstretched.

joshlyn

I am currently at brastrap length:yay: after taking 2 years to grow it from the top of my shoulders. Hoping to get mid back within the next 6 months and within the next year and half maybe waist ( If I don't get tired of all my hair by then).

*ElleB

camellia said:
I'm almost at hip bone length all around. Some pieces are a few inches shy, some are a little past. My goal in EVEN full hip bone length when stretched. I am at waist length unstretched.

I think I'll be exactly where I want by the end of this year.:)

WOW....That's alot of hair, Camellia!

Ms Red

I'm transitioning and currently shoulder length. My ultimate goal is BSL- not stretched :) It could take a while! :look:

MizAvalon

I'm almost at waist length. Ladies who think that this might be too long for you, believe me once you actually get there it's not as long as you thought it would be.:lol:

My goal is classic, princess hair. Front AND back. Who knows how long that will take.:ohwell:

Kimberly

I have about 3 inches to go to get to the top of my brastrap. Then I want to spend about a year focusing on growing out layers and keeping it healthy.

Attachments

• Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 14
  • another pic.JPG
    another pic.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 18

sugaplum

Star Shooter
When I first got here I was shoulder length. Then I decided to do the BC (best thing I've ever done) :woot: Stretched my hair goes to chin length. My ultiamte goal is APL. :)