Roll Call: What is ur current length? Where do you want to be?

camellia

amorette said:
did you find that the longer your hair got the less it looked shrinked upp because of the weight of it? wow - hipbone is ALOT of hair...i would love to have waistlength unstretched though! :)

As my hair gets longer the weight does stretch it out some. Right after I wash is the only time I can see my true length, while it's still stretched out and wet. After I wash I braid my haie up and after I take it down when it's dry it shrinks way up. :lol:

camellia

My hair takes quite a while to dry. I airdry so it usally takes a good 24 hours to dry when I have it in two braids, even longer when I have it in a braided bun. I've given up caring about wether my hair is damp or not. In the summer it's actually nice because my wet hair keeps me a little cooler, but it sucks in the winter.:ohwell: I keep a hat on or a heavy scarf tried over my head if I have to go out in the winter with wet hair.

amorette

why dont you just let it totally out to dry instead of braiding it? - would it be too frizzy that way? Also, what products do you use on it to hold the curl. I workout every day, and so i rinse my hair every day, to rinse out the salt/sweat, and luckily i live in california so it is not cold here like Illionis where i am from originally - but my hair dries in a couple hours because it is much shroter than yours. But when my hair gets really long to waist length, I suppose ill have some iincredibly long drying times to look forward to. :lol:

wyldcurlz

I'm currently about BSL stretched (maybe 1/2 an inch above BSL after a recent "haircut") - shoulder length curly. (about 22 inches stretched)

My goal is waist length - maybe an inch or two above waist length stretched which should be about 2-3 inches past shoulder length curly. I also want the front of my hair to grow another 5 inches because its currently about 3-4 inches shorter than the back.

I have NO IDEA how long it'll take me to get there since I've been the same length forever!! But i'll keep trying.

BMoreFlyy

I am currently within my shoulder blades or APL... I want to be at mid back one day. Trying not to get so obsessed with my hair length though. lol.

camellia

I almost never wear my hair down. It gets in my face and my baby likes to pull it. I also get horrible tangles.

I use either Humectress, Aveda Elixer, or Redken Anti Snap as a leave in and then I use a natural butter (avocado butter, hemp seed butter, ect) to seal in the moisture and give shine. I can deal with damp hair but I hate detangling and after wearing my hair down I have a ton of detangling to do.

SoAnxious12

Nice thread!
I'm currently shoulder length, looking to be somewhere around APL during the winter and hopefully brastrap length before i graduate high school May of 07.

amorette

thats true! we spoke about that before, remember i was telling you that when my hair was really long my son used to do the same thing to me...hahahaa...im going to try those butters...which is the most moisturizing the avocado?? and which leave in do you like the best? for some reason i thought humectress was a rinse out conditioner....

sky_blu

Current length: short around ear length
Goal length: Healthy shoulder length hair, when I get there I might want BSL but shoulder length is my long term goal.

Syrah

Before joining, I was at APL FOREVER, but my hair was a mess. I was a frequent relaxer - no moisture, no love, no nothing.

No I am 100% natural, about an inch shy of bra strap length. I hope to 2" below bra strap by Christmas. I dont know about waist length because thats a lot of hair... But I just went through a split end mess so that's my current short term goal - to get rid of the split ends.

Denim And Leather

I'm currently at armpit length, and if I don't continue to overdose on protein, or have my hairdresser fry my hair with that marcel iron curler :eek: , then I will hopefully be at BSL by the end of the year. As of now, I'm now about 3 inches away from my goal.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I'm at waist length right now, a little below actually (depends on where you think waist length is of course). My ultimate goal is hip length which I think I'll reach by the end of this year.
Ok, my ultimate-ultimate goal is down to the middle of my butt :D

Cichelle

I have layers, but my longest layer is just below APL. My ultimate goal is to grow it to hip length. But right now I am concentrating on BSL by the end of this year and waist length by the end of next year.

crlsweetie912

Off topic
Chichelle ur hair is to die for.

Ok,
I am currently abour 2 inches below shoulder length. Hoping for Brastrap by March 2007! (PLEASE LORD Help this hair grow! Amen!)

WaterMoccasin

Well, when I came to LHCF in 2003 I was shoulder-length.

Currently, I'm bra-strap (although some of it is still shy of it) and I've been around there for the past...almost two years (besides when it got cut to APL last year). The longest parts are below bra-strap at about 25 1/2" while the shortest are right above it, at about 22 1/2".

My goal, even though I'm in the waist-length challenge, is actually just shy of waist-length, about 28". (Waist-length is 31" on me.) Which means I have 2-5" to go which I hope to achieve by the end of the year!

Lucia

Right now unofficially I'm somewhere BSHLDR/APL naturally curly w. shrinkage. I should be almost @ WSL now or @ WSL straight. For the next year I'm aiming for HPBN straight/BSL-BBSL naturally curly w. shrinkage, and my ultimate fantasy goal is TLBN Straight -BBSL-WSL curly w.shrinkage I'm giving myself a year+ from WSL for that. :woot:
ETA: I'm officially 2" above WSL

Last edited: