From Thin To Thick Pics

Vicki in Oregon said:
Thank you Nikkipoo! Are there any other individual vitamins/minerals you think are good to take by themselves (which means higher dosage)? I take my hair/skin/nails supplement and also add to it biotin, inositol etc…is there others we should take individually too in addition to the panthenol? As in choline, kelp (iodine), folic acid etc…? What do you think? And is MSM capsules/tablets as effective as the powdered MSM? Because I cannot stand the taste of it. I got the Vitamin World brand and it was terrible I threw it out. Yet I hear with the powder people getting clearer skin, whiter teeth etc... Thank you!

Well I also take B50 complex vitamins. I would say that any water-soluable vitamin would be okay to take in high dosage bcuz all the unnessary your body will get rid of in your urine. I just take my biotin in addition with my pantothenic acid to help thicken my hair. I take a pill form of MSM and IMO I think that it is a great combo with the biotin. I have noticed less major breakouts taking the MSM with biotin. I don't think that I could stand the powder form though. I only take 1000mg of MSM. I am on birth control and taking a high dosage of MSM messes with my cycle:ohwell: I also take spirulina bcuz contains alot of protein. Here is a link about it for more info http://www.naturalways.com/spirul1.htm .I am a vitamin junkie as you can see in my siggy:D

Last edited:
Thanks Nikki. Do you think folic acid is benefitial too? As a sole supplemnt not just what is in hair/skin/nail vitamisn? Is it water soluble too do you know? When you say spirulina are you referring to the protein powder they sell at the store? Do you think MSM would mess with ones menstrual cycle if they are not on b.c.? Thanks again!

Vicki in Oregon said:
Thanks Nikki. Do you think folic acid is benefitial too? As a sole supplemnt not just what is in hair/skin/nail vitamisn? Is it water soluble too do you know? When you say spirulina are you referring to the protein powder they sell at the store? Do you think MSM would mess with ones menstrual cycle if they are not on b.c.? Thanks again!

Hey Vicki, My mulitvitamin has folic acid in it. Before taking My multi I used to take folic acid by itself just for my overall health. It is also a b-vitamin so therefore it's water-soluable too. Spirulina is also called blue-green algae. I got mine from Wal-Mart. As far as MSM here is a old thread on it you may have to play with the dosage on this one to what is best for you
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=79447&highlight=msm Hope this helps you

Thanks wanthealthythick hair for the bump :)

I looked into buying spirulina/green algae and found some 1,000 mg capsules. I thought I would take it since I need more protein. But one thing confuses me. If 1,000 mg is equivalent to 1 gram then that does not seem like much. I've noticed that too with the other amino acid supplements I have seen, not much protein. Because if for instance a hamburger has 20 grams protein, then how will 1 gram in a supplement make much difference? Yet it must since people buy so if someone can please explain I would be very happy. Thank you!

Going natural is what gave me thicker hair.
HOWEVER
I've been really bad to my hair for the past couple of months so now my edges are thinning. As of yesterday I've gone back to my tried and true and hopefully I'll see results soon. I plan to update my album in 2 weeks with some good news.

nikkipoo said:
Hey Vicki, My mulitvitamin has folic acid in it. Before taking My multi I used to take folic acid by itself just for my overall health. It is also a b-vitamin so therefore it's water-soluable too. Spirulina is also called blue-green algae. I got mine from Wal-Mart. As far as MSM here is a old thread on it you may have to play with the dosage on this one to what is best for you
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=79447&highlight=msm Hope this helps you

Affects your cycle in what way ? Bleed more or less ? Comes more frequent ? or less ?

As for the qst, I texlax...and sometimes I go to my 8th or 9th week...so less chemicals

I couldnt wait to reply to this post. Look at the pictures below. My hair was so thin when I first started taking care of my hair and now it has completely turned around. I wear it up most of the time. Moisturize twice a day. I take a multi vit of some sort daily, biotin and b-complex whenever i think about it. I eat a smootie for breakfest everyday w/ protein and lots of different fruits and run 4-6 miles daily. The number one thing I think that helped me a little more thickness is stretching my relaxer for 4mos. I am doing this for now on or longer.

bablou00 said:
I couldnt wait to reply to this post. Look at the pictures below. My hair was so thin when I first started taking care of my hair and now it has completely turned around. I wear it up most of the time. Moisturize twice a day. I take a multi vit of some sort daily, biotin and b-complex whenever i think about it. I eat a smootie for breakfest everyday w/ protein and lots of different fruits and run 4-6 miles daily. The number one thing I think that helped me a little more thickness is stretching my relaxer for 4mos. I am doing this for now on or longer.

HEY - I LIKE YOUR HAIR. IT'S PRETTY.

bablou00 said:

Excellent progress bablou00. Your hair looks grreat!

bablou00 said:
Great progress :up:

vickid said:
For those using castor oil--do you use it as a leave in or as a conditioner. TIA!

I mix it with my leave in conditioner and my deep conditioner. I also add a little to my other products. My hair has gotten even thicker since I started using henna and sticking to my vits everyday.
February200601.jpg
February 2006

december7.jpg
December 2006

airdrythickjan1607.jpg
January 2007

MissFallon said:
I mix it with my leave in conditioner and my deep conditioner. I also add a little to my other products. My hair has gotten even thicker since I started using henna and sticking to my vits everyday.
February200601.jpg
February 2006

december7.jpg
December 2006

airdrythickjan1607.jpg
January 2007

THANKS!!!!!

Ohhhhh Thanks Caligirl 2385, E$H and MySweetevie. I am on cloud nine over here...:p

I cant even tell you the last time my hair was this long. I think I have some pics of me in 2nd grade at a skating party will APL hair but for real its been a long time. I still have a way to go to get to APL. The main thing is stretching and some heat on the weekends.

Again thank you all and everyone on LHCF!!!

Last edited:
In my siggy pigs my ends were thin, dry and ueven. I stopped using heat altogther, began moisturizing daily, braiding hair and baggying ends, throw on a wig.....and soon enough my hair thickened up and was much fuller in a matter of a couple months. You can have similar results too, I think the most important thing to do is to baby you're ends, limit heat & manipulation, MOISTURIZE (this does not mean grease, or oil based moisturizers) and be patient.:)

I HAD fine, limp hair(mostly from coloring)when i started my journey. My hair is doing much better in the thickness dept. What worked for me PROTECTION-which allowed me to do reg. protein/moisture treatments and sealing the ends often, MTG, and MSM!!! Okay that and I grew my color out! Unfortunately I dont have great comparison pics, but I'll post a few anyway...

1st two pics-show how fine/limp my hair was...(nat.-dry hair)
middle pic- getting Thicker (nat.-damp)
Last two pics- Straight(1st attempt to pin curl- didn't come out as planned, but you can see a difference-hair is much more dense)

Attachments

• 142359554181_290-th.jpg
    142359554181_290-th.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 60
  • 145898464773_3301vi-th.jpg
    145898464773_3301vi-th.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 47
  • 174445253893_0_0.jpg
    174445253893_0_0.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 175396658053_0_0.jpg
    175396658053_0_0.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 175396367749_0_0.jpg
    175396367749_0_0.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 41
I love this thread!!!! Nice one Blaque Angel :)

I don;t have any comparison pictures, but my hair has really thickened due to a few things:

Protective styling
Limited use of direct heat
Castor oil added to deep conditioners
Vits (B Complex/ Hair vits/ Fish Oils)

Still I'd like it to get even thicker.... so I may be purchasing some 500mg b5 vits :beer:

Dysylla has some SERIOUSLY thick and beautifully healthy hair, it's the thickest I've ever seen

Last edited:
My hair was very thin and damaged at the ends. I stopped using heat and began washing and conditioning almost daily. Along with DC 2-3x a week helped tremendously.
These were taken September - December months last year '06.

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg

This was taken last night:

DSC00037-1.jpg

FlawedBeauty said:
My hair was very thin and damaged at the ends. I stopped using heat and began washing and conditioning almost daily. Along with DC 2-3x a week helped tremendously.
These were taken September - December months last year '06.

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg

This was taken last night:

DSC00037-1.jpg
excellent progress

Back