Thin to Thick.....

PeopleTalkDaily

I am wondering if you ladies had an ideas that can help get my hair thicker...

it seems very thin to me and I want thicker hair...

Any ideas will help...
thanks in advance

Hair vitimins, Biotin urr, idk Castor Oil ? Seems to be
working for me but using the two at the same time
I'm not sure which one is giving the better results.

This is what has worked for me. My thickness and length has increased in a short period of time. I am very consistent with my regimen and I will scale it back some and stay in maintenance mode once I have reached my goal.

Stretching
Cowashing 4x a week
Protective styles during the workweek
Steaming with dc weekly
Protein and understanding my protein/moisture balance
Flat iron twice a month max
Sit under a hooded dryer or air dry, no blow dryers
Coconut oil, juicing, and Shea Moisture Restorative Condish leave in twice daily 4x a week with a mini scalp massage with each application
Hair Skin Nails vitamins with at least 3600 mcgs of biotin, a multi vitamin, B complex
Head never touches a pillow uncovered

Rollersetting gives the instant "illusion" of fuller hair and over the long term, it can lead to thicker hair (versus a curling iron).

Stretching
Texlaxing
Cutting back on direct heat
Using products specifically for thin hair or that has thickening properties
Henna/Cassia treatments
JBCO
Megatek

If your hair appears thin do to breakage and or layers the recommendations the previous poster gave should help grow your hair out which will make the overall look and maybe even density thicker. However, if you just have fine or medium strands with a primarily thin density try products geared toward adding fullness and volume. I like Joico body lux and Joico clinicure.

I totally agree with all of the ladies comments above. :arrowup::arrowup: OP, just follow the aforementioned advice and you'll be on your way to thicker locks in no time. I guess there is nothing else I can add. :perplexed Good job ladies!:grin:

thanks Poopiedo....
I'm going to try this....
How do u figure out our protein/moisture balance...

U have great growth

Thanks. If your hair is mushy, you have too much moisture. I've never had this problem because my hair has always been extremely dry. My hair never retained length because I never moisturized enough. I was taught if you hair is dry, oil it instead of water it. Since my hair is dry, I have to steam when I dc but to balance it out, I always use some form of protein with each wash such as Aphogee 2 min. I also use the hardcore Aphogee every 6 weeks. Porosity Control weekly is a must for me. This has made my hair stronger and thicker.

My hair was always thick in the crown but the ends were kind of see through. The only way my hair looked thick was to keep a blunt neck length cut. I didn't want neck length hair, I wanted long hair. Once I found out about this site, I used the search function like a crazy woman. I looked at ladies who had hair like mine and those who had the hair I wanted to grow. I followed their regimen with a Poopiedo twist and here I am. I don't trim my hair often, but I use the Split Ender when needed. This is another gadget I learned about on this site.

I still have a long way to go, but the ladies here changed my hair from the beginning pic in my siggy to my current length.

Using castor oil to seal and more time between relaxers has helped me. Once I ran out of castor and sealed with EVOO for a week and I could really tell a difference in thickness. Hair looked thicker when I went back on the castor oil

Back