Full Head Sew-In or Not???

ree.denise

Hey Ladies,

I have a question should I get a full head sew-in or leave the top out for a middle part???? I need suggestions and pics please of your sew-ins.:grin:

Thanks ladies!!!

destine2grow

I'm considering getting a full sew-in. i'm kind of scared b/c I have only had it done 2x but each time it was time to take them down. i end up cutting my hair! So I am looking for someone I trust to take it down before i get it done.

ms.blue

This a pic of my full sew-in w/ a closure piece.

Fine 4s

It depends on why you're getting the weave. I got a full sew-in with no hair out because I wanted to keep my hair in braids for a min of 6 weeks without having to manipulate any of it. With some hair left out, you have to blend it in (rollerset, flat iron or blow dry) to blend in to the hair (assuming it is straight hair). If it's curly or kinky depending on your natural hair texture, then you can be 'safer.'
So, why are you getting the weave?

SmileyNY

It depends. When my hair was natural & I left the middle out, I would have to constantly put heat on that part to make it blend with the weave. Needless to say, that part of my hair is shorter than the rest. Having a part looks better, but it's best for your own hair to just get a full weave (leaving the edges out, of course)

ree.denise

It depends on why you're getting the weave. I got a full sew-in with no hair out because I wanted to keep my hair in braids for a min of 6 weeks without having to manipulate any of it. With some hair left out, you have to blend it in (rollerset, flat iron or blow dry) to blend in to the hair (assuming it is straight hair). If it's curly or kinky depending on your natural hair texture, then you can be 'safer.'
So, why are you getting the weave?

I'm getting it to give my hair a rest. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the full head sew-in:grin:

FearfullyMade

I prefer a full sew-in. I figure why not protect my whole head of hair. I don't want to have any heat damage or breakage due to too much styling and manipulation

sundara

It seems like the consensus is...go for the full! I agree with Fine 4s. If your focus is hair growth, braid it all up.

On the other hand if you can, maintain your natural hair without excessive heat, then leave it out. You can put rollers (flexi rods...my fav) in it nightly if you want to maintain the straight look for as long as possible without using heat.

Tif392002

the full sew ins are better to deal with to me.. but u do have to make sure u get somebody who knows what they doing to take it dow,,, im planning to get one soon.