fusion hair extensions

ladylibra

does anyone here know much about them, or have had them done? my sister is interested in getting them, and found a place that does the process for like $500. since i've mostly heard this process cost upwards of two grand, i'm wondering if they will do a quality job on her hair. i've never known of anyone that's had it done, so i don't know if it's damaging to the hair or not. of course we've reviewed some info on it online and off, but i'd like to hear some real people tell me of their experience if possible.

thanks! :)

ladylibra said:
does anyone here know much about them, or have had them done? my sister is interested in getting them, and found a place that does the process for like $500. since i've mostly heard this process cost upwards of two grand, i'm wondering if they will do a quality job on her hair. i've never known of anyone that's had it done, so i don't know if it's damaging to the hair or not. of course we've reviewed some info on it online and off, but i'd like to hear some real people tell me of their experience if possible.

One word on fusion: RUUUUUUNNNNN
They are more harm than good in the long run. The fused hair, pulls at the root of your hair, causing breakage.

JLove74 said:
One word on fusion: RUUUUUUNNNNN
They are more harm than good in the long run. The fused hair, pulls at the root of your hair, causing breakage.

Faster!!!!

I have two photos in my hair album, one before fusion, one post. It's under misc hair photos... I lost A TON of hair due to the chemicals that take out the adhesive...I had to get it cut really short.

Neva again. :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :spank: :whip:

Extreme damage from fusion extensions is the #1 reason why I started frantically searching on the internet for hair care advice.

Fusion extensions essentially use heat to bond hair to your hair length with a keratin bond. Consequently you are not supposed to deep condition with fusion because it weakens the bond and causes the extension to fall out, (first red flag!!:eek: :eek: ), and general conditioning is not to be done frequently.

My hair broke off at the point where the extensions were attatched and I'm still growing those areas out. They also never looked too natural on my dark hair because the bond is a milky white color that is VERY noticeble. You can always tell when a celebrity has fusion (umm, hey Brit:look: ) because it looks like they have Barbie doll hair, many tufts of hair coming out of a single point.

I went to one of the "best" salons in NYC to have fusion done and I still ended up with a host of problems. So my advice is STAY AWAY FROM FUSION! RUN IF YOU MUST! SAVE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!!!

Last edited:
lol I had a fade about 8 yrs ago thanks to a fusion. It was cute for about 3 weeks then when my hair started growing long enough for the comb to get caught...rip. Then like VWVixen stated it starts pulling on your hair. The difference in textures..no matter how good the match will make it hard to style with out lots of heat and manipulation. Unless she has a style team and is concerned primarily with the look.....NOPE

Had these guys a few years ago.. I have a whole new head of hair thanks to them.:eek: Like the ladies said. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Don't do it girl!!!!

I had them done and taken out the next day:eek:

This was the worst thing I have ever ever ever ever ever ever ever done to my hair. They used this glue stick to attach strands of hair to my hair. In the end it didn't look natural. I looked like I had an afro with my little pony hair hanging from the bottom.

I went back the next day to have them taken out and they used pliers and this stuff that smelled like nail polish remover to yank them out:mad: . They pulled so hard that my scalp started to bleed in some areas:mad: :mad: :mad:

This was one of the most traumatic hair experiences I have ever had in my entire life. They ruined the little bit of hair that I had at the time. I would never recommend this for anyone.

:eek: NOOOOOOOOO
run even faster!?

My mom had it and bascily she went bald (now her hair close to APL length) but nooo please don;t!

trimbride said:
Don't do it girl!!!!

I had them done and taken out the next day:eek:

This was the worst thing I have ever ever ever ever ever ever ever done to my hair. They used this glue stick to attach strands of hair to my hair. In the end it didn't look natural. I looked like I had an afro with my little pony hair hanging from the bottom.

I went back the next day to have them taken out and they used pliers and this stuff that smelled like nail polish remover to yank them out:mad: . They pulled so hard that my scalp started to bleed in some areas:mad: :mad: :mad:

This was one of the most traumatic hair experiences I have ever had in my entire life. They ruined the little bit of hair that I had at the time. I would never recommend this for anyone.

Yup, it was acetone, that's what they use to remove it... fusion is bad news...:mad:

oh my GOODNESS!!!! i had no idea it was so horriffic... i will definitely be passing this information on. i knew something about it sounded "too good to be true" :naughty:

ladylibra said:

Tell her don't do it! I had these for several years and my hair ended up slightly longer then where the ext attaches to the hair. It is a piece of plastic that is bonded to the hair near the scalp. IMO it is traumatic to the hair and chokes it off. It did look good, but if I had a chance to do it again I wouldn't. You can relax with them in and wash and style and all that. The fusion folks will swear that it's not damaging, but in my own experience and several of my friends this is bullcrap. The longer you have them, the more you need them. Hope this helps.

s_terry said:
Tell her don't do it! I had these for several years and my hair ended up slightly longer then where the ext attaches to the hair. It is a piece of plastic that is bonded to the hair near the scalp. IMO it is traumatic to the hair and chokes it off. It did look good, but if I had a chance to do it again I wouldn't. You can relax with them in and wash and style and all that. The fusion folks will swear that it's not damaging, but in my own experience and several of my friends this is bullcrap. The longer you have them, the more you need them. Hope this helps.

I think that's so true. When I was doing my research, I just keep thinking about how my poor roots would suffer:mad: No wonder why Nicole Richie's hair looks, super, super thin without them. I shudder to think what her scalp looks like:eek:

Back